• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The government doesn't need this thing on the market to impose absurd regulations. NJ's law was written before this particular model even existed. The idea isn't new either. Obama or any rabidly anti-gun politician in higher office could start spreading shit about microstamping and chips at any time if they wanted (which they certainly do, but they have political parties they cannot sacrifice, yet...).

Again, Bloomberg, MAIG, Wash Post, New York Times, LA Times, VPC all support this technology for one reason. Not to prevent accidental gun deaths or to increase firearm ownership.

Why do you think all of the above support smart guns?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Again, Bloomberg, MAIG, Wash Post, New York Times, LA Times, VPC all support this technology for one reason. Not to prevent accidental gun deaths or to increase firearm ownership.

Why do you think all of the above support smart guns?

Somehow those smart-guns outweigh or negate the 310+ million "dumb" guns we already have in private hands? The millions more we're going to buy and make over the coming years? Don't think so.

If such a mandate were handed down, normal firearms sales will skyrocket - probably more-so - before going into effect, just like they did immediately after Dec 2012.

Perhaps I have more faith in the American people to resist this kind of government mandated crap than I should, but I do.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Also, could anyone imagine LE or Mil being forced to use similar firearms?

The NJ law has an exception for law enforcement. Given the Dems in NJ are all about civilian disarmament, this is no surprise. They're now branding 22LR lever actions as "assault rifles" in upcoming legislation. Oh, the horror of those evil looking Henry's.

Anyway, I too am very sorry to learn about the threats to Engage as well as Andy. I hope they were not from in state and just crazies talking smack from a distance (although one needs to still take seriously). I think the Washington Post did a horrible job in framing the article as it painted Andy as someone that he's not given his unwavering support of 2A. They helped make him a target of the crazies in their need to sensationalize a story. However, it's great to see this outpouring of support for both the store and Andy, and reinforces my interest to shop for some complete uppers there as I am far too lazy to build and could never approach their level of high art.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Somehow those smart-guns outweigh or negate the 310+ million "dumb" guns we already have in private hands? The millions more we're going to buy and make over the coming years? Don't think so.

If such a mandate were handed down, normal firearms sales will skyrocket - probably more-so - before going into effect, just like they did immediately after Dec 2012.

Perhaps I have more faith in the American people to resist this kind of government mandated crap than I should, but I do.

No but they want them to negate the sales of new "dumb" guns. Then prohibit the sale/inheritance of current legal dumb guns. I believe California already prohibits you from handing down your Ar-15/magazines to your kids.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No but they want them to negate the sales of new "dumb" guns. Then prohibit the sale/inheritance of current legal dumb guns. I believe California already prohibits you from handing down your Ar-15/magazines to your kids.

They can implement them. That doesn't mean compliance will rule the day.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Andy if I never met and dealt with you face to face I don't know how I'd look at this whole situation...But I did meet you and know you're a stand up guy on the right side of our fence, thanks for all you've done for 2A and me period.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Andy, I work at another IP, And I 1000% support you!! Hell I know what you have done I have seen the work you did in the past year.

IF PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHO'S SIDE YOU ARE ON THEN THEY DON'T HAVE A F*CKING CLUE!!!

I will be down in a week or two to order a 22 can and get a tee shirt! Keep up the fight Brother there are alot of us who have your six.

Grab me a shirt will ya? xxfat

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i may get a hot of hate for this, but this is my opinion.
    Andy your post sounds a lot like you are justifying a mistake.
    i know you've done well by the 2a, but why give the liberal gun haters more ammunition?
    You can't pick up a skunk without getting any stink on you.
    my .02

Fordfan

Oct 24, 2010
    AA county
    We got your back Andy and we will continue to support you. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for all that you do!

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I support Andy and Engage. I think the arguments on the other side are frankly silly.

Do you really think that Michael Bloomberg couldn't set up somebody as an FFL just to sell this thing if it was such a devastating blow to the 2A?

For that matter, do you really think you can stop technological innovation?

Some of us are old enough to remember when cell phones came in a big bag and cost like $2k. This technology is at that stage. But it will get a lot better just like the cell phone. Whether you like that idea or hate it - doesn't matter. It is coming and it will have whatever impact it is going to have regardless of what happens in a small gun store in Rockville.

If you don't want a smart gun, don't buy one.

If you don't want to be forced to buy a smart gun, vote.

But beating up on a guy who is obviously as pro 2A as anybody on this board and is actually trying to make a living selling firearms in Maryland is just crazy.

And the people who threatened Andy are a disgrace. We don't need people with those kind of values in this fight. If you want to be a "good guy with a gun" then that means you have to be a good guy. Honestly, nothing would make me happier than those scumbags getting caught, prosecuted for making threats over the phone and losing their gun rights forever.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Do you really think that Michael Bloomberg couldn't set up somebody as an FFL just to sell this thing if it was such a devastating blow to the 2A?

For that matter, do you really think you can stop technological innovation?

Well he has had the opportunity for years and he hasn't done it yet, so maybe he made the political calculation that it is much better for a pro 2A gun store like Engage to offer it instead.

Denying a market for any product severely limits the investment in that market, since people invest to make more money.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Well he has had the opportunity for years and he hasn't done it yet, so maybe he made the political calculation that it is much better for a pro 2A gun store like Engage to offer it instead.

Denying a market for any product severely limits the investment in that market, since people invest to make more money.

And if there's no market, development stagnates, and the technology dies.

That's not to say it can't be resurrected in the future, though. It's honestly probably quite inevitable in the grand scheme of things.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

It's a well known fact that since Bloomberg can't run for office again he's going to throw 100s of millions into the anti gun movement and get much more involved in it than he has in the past. Scary thought.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    In fact, due to Bloomberg's straw purchase operations in VA, Georgia made similar schemes a felony. Try and pull that shit down here and we send you to prison.

nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    In no way do I support or condone this shops actions.......

image.jpg

I have always enjoyed your shop & all of the people/employees associated with Engage, I will continue to do so. I also will not forget what you have done in the past for all of MD's residents.

Keep on Keepin on!!!

nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    It's a well known fact that since Bloomberg can't run for office again he's going to throw 100s of millions into the anti gun movement and get much more involved in it than he has in the past. Scary thought.

Scary indeed, but hopefully people will also remember that the eccentric billionaire with nothing better to do while in office tried to tell people how big their sodas could be! He's a whack job!!!
    The best part is Libb's rally around guys like him with billions yet bash any & all conservatives who have done well for themselves financially.
    Like Andy stated things will never change unless we all come together on the same issues, the more were divided amongst ourselves the more chances we give guys like Bloomberg & O'Malley to take freedoms away.
    The fact that MD used to be referred to as "The Free State". Couldn't be any farther from the truth these days!

MudPuppy

Jul 20, 2012
    I fully support your right to carry and sell that overpriced range toy regardless of your demonstrated support to Maryland 2A advocacy. You shouldn't have to pass some internet purity test to be a gun owner or merchant in this nation. You have an excellent shop with excellent staff and products. I've frequented your shop in the past and will continue to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom