• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    The fat lady is unfortunately warming up, but she hasn't started singing yet. We've got to kill five days, some how, some way.

If you see any way to stall this thing long enough for the clock to expire, I'm all ears. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Senate simply accepts it the way it is just to ram it through and get it signed by tomorrow (or as soon as O'Malley can organize a big victory signing event). Not to be pessimistic, I just don't think we have enough support in the Senate to even stall this thing with a filibuster or the like.

elbaz

May 17, 2012
    Cockeysville
    Now, the good news, what little of it there is: it's not yet over. All of this talk about "2014" has to wait until April 9. The bill still has to be reconciled with the Senate's version before there's a bill for O'Malley to sign.

By some miracle the bill could die... But it is never too soon to talk about 2014! These people have to go, it never should have gone this far.

Biddy

Jul 19, 2012
    Not meaning to ruffle feathers, i am Pi$$ed O%% about the BS is all. we all want to know what is next step, who voted for what, and what the amendments are.

On a lighter note - thanks to all the people who went to house and senate and testified for us, thanks to the people at MSI, NRA and all MDS participants in these threads and showing up in Annapolis. i was there on 4 occasions myself, thanks to all and we appreciate it.
    So what is the next step what can we do? (nothing i know)

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    i (we) do appreciate all the hard work, the MSI leader has been silent on MDS the last few days and we want to know what he thinks now is all.

He thinks the same as all the rest of us think. WTF???? Give it a rest man. Let him get back on his feet. Just because MSI doesn't let YOU know when YOU want information doesn't mean something isn't being worked on. I am sure there are people working on this situation as we sit here and type. There's noo reson to make a statement just to make a statement. Give them some time to digest what happened today. Have a coke and a smile and you know the rest. Now is NOT the time to come unglued. Remember it's a war. Today was just ONE battle in that war.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Beat me to it...

The anger is understandable, but really... who didn't know there would be something passed? Warm up your voices, clear out your inboxes, pay your phone bills... There will be a lot to do.

But, be real... they only have 5 days to get this cobbled together. Yeah, they'll burn every candle they have to do it, but it's not a guarantee.

Should it get through and signed, then the real work starts.

But seriously, folks... put away the torches and pitchforks. We may be moving to Box 2 soon, but there are still a lot of planks to be laid before we even think we need to get to 3 (much less 4)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Very well put, Mr H!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    They need to be afraid that something they did in their past is going to be discovered and bite them in the ass. Post it on their facebook page and use the power of the first amendment to regain our second amendment. If they want to take our rights away then i have no hesitation in watching their political career, marriage and self respect all go down the shitter.

Is there a list of people we should find dirt on? I will do all I can to bring them down.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    i (we) do appreciate all the hard work, the MSI leader has been silent on MDS the last few days and we want to know what he thinks now is all.

And if he was able he would do just that. He is a fine leader and he knows that he is needed. But we need to realize that he is like all of us human.

Patrick please get well, but know that we were well lead in your absence, it self the mark of a true leader fear not, and tend to your health.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Now, the good news, what little of it there is: it's not yet over. All of this talk about "2014" has to wait until April 9. The bill still has to be reconciled with the Senate's version before there's a bill for O'Malley to sign.

The fat lady is unfortunately warming up, but she hasn't started singing yet. We've got to kill five days, some how, some way.

I'll tell you one thing, those MSI Exec. are some seriously optimistic SOB's.. :D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How long until we get a report on who voted each way?

734406_10151495579855999_131875192_n.jpg

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    How about a list of Senators that we need to focus on. Fence Sitters, afraid of losing their seat come next election. Let's see how they voted on the initial bill.

Actively looking right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom