Gun control proposals and military citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    As I understand these bills, a military member transferring to MD (under orders) would not be able to bring a banned item with them? In other words, they would have to sell them or store them out of state before moving here.

This would also apply to MD residents who join the military, live in other states where they acquired banned items, and want to return home to MD after their service.

Am I interpretting this correctly?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes. It also means that if you own a banned weapon and are on tour during the 30 day window between October and November when the bill takes effect, you will be a felon for not registering the weapon with maryland state police (must be done in person).

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Yes. It also means that if you own a banned weapon and are on tour during the 30 day window between October and November when the bill takes effect, you will be a felon for not registering the weapon with maryland state police (must be done in person).

Naturally, after all, who better to punish than military personnel.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO

I'll wager $5 that scenario wouldn't survive the first time the service member responds with "I'm deployed, please refer to the Service Members' Relief Act".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom