• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    You're welcome, pleasure to be there. Half the folks I had lined up bailed but four made it. One a pure bowhunter simply doesn't like Rights being stripped and another doesn't even own a gun but she's buying one in the next couple of weeks. Gave up on testifying after talking with Dwyer, I did drop off copies of written testimony.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I got there around 9:15, saw some folks and signed up to testify. I was incredibly gratified to see the turnout.

The rally was fine. I'm thankful for the folks who spoke. Will send a note to Cathy Vitale, one of my delegates.

After the rally, it was into a very crowded overflow room. O'Malley and Brown led off with total nonsense. Anyone supporting SB 281 was nonsensical

Those opposing 281 were impressive, speaking from facts and experience.

I ducked out for a dinner at Chick & Ruth's, one excellent greasy spoon.

Back for the evening session. Again impressed by all those who hung out. The overflow room was better than upstairs because we could applaud the good points. The antis squirmed a lot when we did that.

Went to see the action upstairs and at 9, when Frosh let everyone say Hi, I'm opposed.

Again impressed to see all those waiting to testify.

God bless all. Good night.
    ( have to get back on gunbroker. I'm looking for a rifle.)

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    Don your coming through the 2nd floor every few hours with your announcements was a lifesaver, thanks so much.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I missed the rally as I lingered at DD too long and had to spend 4 hours waiting to sign in, but we knocked it outta the park with our numbers and our arguments. The anti-gun folks mostly babbled about saving the children, evil military weapons, straw purchases, and of course the evil french dish quiche.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    No Don. Thank you! Were it not for this forum and your efforts, we likely already would have an AWB in Maryland along with heaven knows what other type of onerous laws imposed upon us. Thank you!

EASILY the understatement of the evening! Without his original idea for the site and his hours of daily toil to keep this ever-growing community forum running, Maryland gun owners would most definitely be up the proverbial creek without a paddle :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm glad I was able to be one of Don's cadre of, "suits" running interference for him all day. If the Gov can have his security detail, we can supply, "The Boss" with some as well. Complete with our little MDS lapel pins :D
    Actually, it was great to catch up with him and a bunch of the early members of MDS today. Especially to reminisce about the old Gun Bill Days when we were lucky to have 30 people show :sad20:

To DD214 - A very heartfelt, "Thank You, sir"!!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Funniest thing I saw all day was just before the sign in table Frosh went blasting into the room and brushed the guy ahead of me who held his arm up and loudly moaned, "I've been contaminated!"

Last edited:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Funniest thing I saw all day was just before the sign in table Frosh went blasting into the room and brushed the guy ahead of me who held his arm us and loudly moaned, "I've been contaminated!"

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I've -never- been politically active prior to my military days, and even a few years afterwards. After spending a year on MDShooters BEFORE I even owned a firearm, I was reading and learning just how much this state infringes on our 2A rights. I've since then become infatuated with learning as much as I could, to educate others and have the facts when people spouted arguments based merely off emotion and ignorance.

Today was my first 2A rally of any kind that I've attended, and I couldnt have been more happy. To see so many people up there fighting for what we believe in, it made me damn proud. Im glad so many people with COMMON SENSE could join together to have their voices heard.

Im looking forward to the next one.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    First time I've ever been to a political event. I gave up a day of pay at work to do this, but after walking from the stadium and seeing thousands of people I am so glad I did take off. Even though they do not care what we have to say, we all now know the scale of our community and what it can do

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    First time I've ever been to a political event. I gave up a day of pay at work to do this, but after walking from the stadium and seeing thousands of people I am so glad I did take off. Even though they do not care what we have to say, we all now know the scale of our community and what it can do

+1

Got home at 11pm. Tired legs and nothing to eat or drink all day...
    Totally worth it!

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Thank you all for your hard work. Unfortunately I a on a business trip this week and could not attend. Keep up all the good work!

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just got back....stayed all day! Great turn out! Got to sit in the actual hearing room all afternoon! I signed up to speak....they told me over 4000 people signed up to speak and they took our contact info to call us back and schedule a time for us to speak!

I really think our opponets were surprised by the pro-gun turnout!

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    EASILY the understatement of the evening! Without his original idea for the site and his hours of daily toil to keep this ever-growing community forum running, Maryland gun owners would most definitely be up the proverbial creek without a paddle :bowdown: :bowdown:

[snip]

To DD214 - A very heartfelt, "Thank You, sir"!!

Amen! This, said much better than I ever could have, times 10 million!

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Per Senator Nancy Jacobs, the Maryland State Police reports over 4000 individuals signed up to testify against SB 281!!!!!!! Take notice Dems, we are here and we will not go gently into that good night!

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Don, all the thanks goes to you and the many others who keep us informed and united. Many days I feel like this country is too far in the crapper, but being in Annapolis today and seeing all the friendly faces of the supporters of our Constitution banded together in impressive numbers gives me hope that we CAN put this country back on track. Keep up the excellent work Don.

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    Tom Morris Jr. - former AMW correspondent who spoke today

I was glad to see the groundswell of my fellow Maryland citizens who came out to Annapolis today to make their voices heard. It was also an honor to be selected to be the first citizen to testify after the Governor and his team had their say. As a journalist I have covered hearings, but today was the first time I felt compelled to raise my voice as a gun owning citizen before a government body. I had to do it though because SB 281 is beyond anything that resembles a solution to the problems surrounding gun violence and mass murder shootings in this country. This is not England. This is not Australia. This is America and I am an American. God bless you all who are engaged in this fight for common sense to prevail over paranoid, ineffective legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom