• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Ever since I saw this rifle for the first time it has been on my wishlist. Has anyone had any experience with one? For $2600 you get the rifle, with the suppressor. That seems like a pretty good deal, but I don't know much about suppressors. How do the spikes suppressors compare to others on the market?
    Here is a link to the specs. http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z...2.html?zenid=38ce74eaecade80563024e9e597abecd

Attachments

• STR3100-CMP.jpg
      STR3100-CMP.jpg
      20.6 KB · Views: 4,480

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I wonder what the muzzle velocity is on that with its 8.1" barrel? I'd guess about like an equivalent AK Krink (M92)? Say 1800-2000ft/sec?

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    It looks like it's about 1000-1100 subsonic and 2000-2100 supersonic with a 9" barrel and 125 grain bullet. The site says using US military hit-probability standards max effective range is 440 meters with the 9" barrel. That is from snipers hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    That looks pretty sweet to me. Hard to tell with the heat shield in the quad rail but that suppressor looks pretty small considering it's a 9" quad rail with a 8" barrel

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    The dimensions are 1.6" OD x 5.25" L.

Oh ok that makes sense, forgot that the chamber counts as barrel length. The suppressor by itself seems like a fair price but I think if the rifle by itself is over priced. I'd give Spike's an A for effort in everything they come out with because most of it is really nice and innovative but I don't see why they should get 1,900 dollars for that rifle. I don't even see it as a separate item on their website

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Oh ok that makes sense, forgot that the chamber counts as barrel length. The suppressor by itself seems like a fair price but I think if the rifle by itself is over priced. I'd give Spike's an A for effort in everything they come out with because most of it is really nice and innovative but I don't see why they should get 1,900 dollars for that rifle. I don't even see it as a separate item on their website

Which brand sbr rifles do you guys carry in 300 blk?

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Which brand sbr rifles do you guys carry in 300 blk?

If I was going to get a .300 blackout gun I don't know what I'd get now... I was interested in LWRC rifles until I heard they were only going to be DI, now I don't know. I think I'd prefer a piston gun because I'll end up getting a 30cal suppressor.

The PWS rifles look pretty cool. This Spike's rifle looks pretty cool. If you're interested in 300 black start checking out all the big names in AR's and see what they are coming out with, BCM, CMMG, Daniel Defense, LWRC, POF, PWS, including this Spike's Tactical and so on. I think LWRC's rifle is supposed to be out later this year.

If you know you want to go with a DI gun you can always build exactly what you want from the ground up. The only thing different on 300blackout guns is the barrel, and gas block (I think), and possibly the gas tube but I doubt it. That way you can get exactly what you want

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    If you buy a complete rifle doesn't that eliminate the form 1 and engraving? It seems like that would save a bit of hassle if you can find what you want complete.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    If you buy a complete rifle doesn't that eliminate the form 1 and engraving? It seems like that would save a bit of hassle if you can find what you want complete.

Yea definitely just a Form 4. I guess it depends on how much you want to get into it. I'm not in any rush right now but I think if I go with a 300 blackout gun I'm going to look into the PWS sbr's just because I already have an LWRC and I like variety. This Spike's gun is cool but it's expensive as shit. But that's full manufacturers retail price so check with a dealer to see what they can do if you're interested in one

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I spoke with Spikes and there is a 9 month to 1 year wait on these. Wonder if the FFL has to have the weapon before the paperwork can begin? Think I will start a post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom