Any experience with the Sig Sauer Juliet4 magnifier?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Hey, everyone,

New to this site. I'm currently running a Vortex VMX-3T with an EOtech XPS3-0 on my AR-15 but am thinking of the Juliet 4. The Vortex is very fairly priced, but the Juliet has me intrigued.

Anyone have experience with it?

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    (and I just realized you're looking for 4 power)

I spent some corona time looking into magnifiers.

I went with a RITON 3X. A lot of good reviews on its great glass. I agree its very clear glass. Rainer had them at $110 sold out. Sadly they took down its 20+ great reviews when sold out.

Here $139 is best I know of currently.

For the price I figured I would try it to see if it fit my needs. It works very well. The eye box with a magnifier is ok, but feel LPVO may be more forgiving. Balancing act I guess if it'll be an occasionally used item that can double as a monocular.

HOLOSUN dots work well with it. MRO smears.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    The mount you pull back some then flips over. The mount is free and Its usable 100%. It lines up with 1/3 and lower mounts I have. 7.5oz for the magnifier but goes to 13.5oz with this mount. Its steel base with square crossbolt (solid) but a little heavy if weight is a concern.

I like the glass enough and considering adding a SCALARWORKS magnifier mount (held by detents) to it to lighten it up.

Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Solid info; thanks.

Not crazy about how the Vortex requires a push of a button to move; I need to keep the EOTech and Vortex far enough apart so I can fit my fingers in to activate it. It's mounted to flip to the right since I am right-eyed, and a left-side configuration occludes too much of my vision.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I'd love to know if the Sig Juliet magnifier series (or the new vortex mini) is compatible with either of the unity tactical fast mounts for magnifiers.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    Vortex system would bug me. Its a set system right? Not a 30mm tube you could swap a mount? Scalarworks is detent held and does not flip far out. At 2.9oz its nice but not so cheap.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    I'd love to know if the Sig Juliet magnifier series (or the new vortex mini) is compatible with either of the unity tactical fast mounts for magnifiers.

Not sure, but I'd think you'd need a 30mm tube to grab onto. Looks like nice lighter weight mount alternative though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't know how I missed this.

I have a Juliet4. It's excellent. I use it on my carbine class / HD / SHTF rifle, and have zero regrets. The cam-locked mount is superb, and the glass quality is a big step beyond the budget stuff. Once you've used a cam-locked mount, you will NEVER want to go back to button-unlock or push/pull-to-unlock.

Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    erwos, thanks. I was seduced by the Vortex's price and the reviews. Once I tried it, I found it annoying. Prefer for systems to flow and work with me rather than against me.

That said, I've been very impressed with the both the build quality and the optical quality.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Magnifiers are super dependent on the entire system being up to spec - the glass, the body, and the mount. People get lazy about the mount, and then they find out it has a huge end user impact. Happened to me, soured me on magnifiers for years.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Not sure, but I'd think you'd need a 30mm tube to grab onto. Looks like nice lighter weight mount alternative though.
    They have an EoTech g33 pattern mount as well. I don't know if the Juliet series magnifiers are compatible with either style or use their own system. The reason it interests me has less to do with weight savings and more to do with the fact that the magnifier only travels up or down, and never comes off the centerline of the rifle. It'd be an interesting concept to play around with but I am hoping for at least a 6x magnification factor. So that's pretty much aimpoint or the Juliet 6. The pricetag on a Juliet 6 is a lot easier to stomach for what amounts to a lark.

Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Ordered the Juliet4 from Proven Arms and was able to get it for $310 shipped, Even though it was about $400 or more at other stores. Thing was back ordered on everyone else’s website but took less than a month to arrive.

Just mounted it and am super happy with how quickly and easily I can swing it in or out of position. Quality is excellent and as to be expected. Love the flip up rear lens cover and the screw-in front cover. Sig Sauer even provided an extra screw-in front cover.

Really appreciate everyone’s comments; thank you so much. Need to head to the range and sight in this optic.

Attachments

• E7E4D2C1-7F56-4AEF-BAC0-59E9194BE418.jpg
      E7E4D2C1-7F56-4AEF-BAC0-59E9194BE418.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 568
    • 08FF54D4-C149-4008-BD8F-69AC298043A1.jpg
      08FF54D4-C149-4008-BD8F-69AC298043A1.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 480
    • 33FEA046-C673-4C6F-B96F-D25B31ADFF92.jpg
      33FEA046-C673-4C6F-B96F-D25B31ADFF92.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 459
    • 2170DACE-81AD-44B4-9C99-DACCD5370497.jpg
      2170DACE-81AD-44B4-9C99-DACCD5370497.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 473

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I had an issue with the clear circle bit of the rear cover falling out; you might consider gluing it in at some point.

Two things:
    1. Your magnifier is pretty far forward. I would suggest moving your optics setup as far back as it will go. The Juliet4's eye relief really requires a NTCH cheek weld in my experience.
    2. If you ever replace the Eotech, I strongly recommend looking at the various BDC reflex sight options out there. The Juliet4 works really well with these.

Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    I had an issue with the clear circle bit of the rear cover falling out; you might consider gluing it in at some point.

Two things:
    1. Your magnifier is pretty far forward. I would suggest moving your optics setup as far back as it will go. The Juliet4's eye relief really requires a NTCH cheek weld in my experience.
    2. If you ever replace the Eotech, I strongly recommend looking at the various BDC reflex sight options out there. The Juliet4 works really well with these.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I figured the forward position would come up for comment. If I ditched the rear sight, I could easily shift the whole rig back a good bit, but I just like having the (redundant) BUIS. Read a bunch about the pros and cons of running BUIS with optics.

Do you think I can make this set up work the way it is? When I test-sighted it, I could tell the eye relief could be better, but it's also not unacceptable.

This is my first AR, so my experience with it and any optics, etc. is limited.

Driver9

Apr 14, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Followed your advice. Look okay?

Attachments

• 89ABFF49-FC8D-4BD9-AF23-1083177A95ED.jpg
      89ABFF49-FC8D-4BD9-AF23-1083177A95ED.jpg
      137.4 KB · Views: 420
    • F8F9A5F9-CB31-4A81-809F-3B4C87A64170.jpg
      F8F9A5F9-CB31-4A81-809F-3B4C87A64170.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 458

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's perfect. You should be able to use your flip-up BUIS by just pushing your magnifier out of the way. It looks busy, but it should work great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom