• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sherker

Jun 3, 2020
    Hello all, hoping someone can answer this question. I applied for my HQL May 9th and it still says pending, is COVID-19 causing a delay or the riots, or both?

Kalinka63

Dieu et mon droit
    There are some threads in the Maryland 2A subforum on the topic. Most of the recent approvals have taken around 19-23 days (they can take up to 30 days).

You might want to verify that your fingerprints were properly submitted (that was an issue for at least one poster). Did you get a letter from (I think) Maryland Police a few days after submitting your fingerprints? If not contact the MSP AND the vendor from which you had your fingerprints taken.

Sherker

Jun 3, 2020
    Thank you, I will touch base with vendor. It was done at my local gun shop promotion. So there was a lot of people getting printed.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    sounds about right. even pre-pandemic some were taking 3 weeks.

Keep in mind for most people it goes right from "pending" to "active" - and there are no intermediate steps visible to us humans.

Sherker

Jun 3, 2020
    Finally got

Thanks for posts all. Finally got it Sunday of all days. Already in the process of a new purchase.

Cmurray

Jul 14, 2020
    I’m 2 days away from a month and it finally
    Updated but it’s not complete. Started June 18 and it updates July 15th.

christy20657

Jul 31, 2020
    Same problem, my husband and I applied July 6th a day after getting our live scan prints done. We received a letter stating no criminal background was found but it still shows as pending and the only thing showing completed on the list is the application. Was going to post a screen shot of it here but doesn't seem to be working.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Hi, mine came in the mail 5 weeks after taking course and submitting everything.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Anybody else noticing HQL delays after the Bruen decision? Now that I have my W&C and applied for my HQL for a smaller carry assortment of tools I’ve been waiting for my HQL to be “not disapproved” but no response yet! Called MSP yesterday and she said she could see it in the system and it has not even been picked up yet for review and that MSP has 30 days to do so. In the interim I may be incurring storage costs from my FFL for the pistols I’ve ordered. Really don’t feel comfortable lugging my large frame pistols as W&C as they will be noticeable.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It’s what happens when you throw 10lbs of shet in a 5lb bag. I’m surprised I haven’t been seeing 77r delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom