• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradg

May 12, 2017
    Dick's Sporting Goods has announced it may stop selling hunting gear. Apparently, since its previous politically charged submission to the anti-gun crowd, sales of guns have fallen at Dick's. Dick's response to that is now to just abandon hunters altogether.

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Wow. I will admit i used to go there alot until said mentioned politcal posts so havnt gone back there. No money for them so they close the sector? I wonder how long they will last. They are over priced for clothes and most people shop online anyways.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The management at Dick's made their choices and now have to live with the results. The sad part is that their employees will have to pay the price for management's stupid decisions...but that's an old story in corporate history of many companies.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    :sarcasm: That can't possibly be happening! The CEO said their profits were climbing and the company's position actually improved sales/market share. :sarcasm: They be swirling around the bowl, I guess they shouldn't have declared war! Bye, Bye!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Well, that's a sound practice. If something doesn't sell, you stop carrying it. Same as any store.

Of course, it'll be lost on them that they did it to themselves. "Virtue" has a price.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Perhaps they'll try to offset the loss of income from us by appealing to another demographic with their winter gear... you know... sell more stuff to the snowflakes. :lol2:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Good, maybe they will go out of business and Gander Outdoors will take some of their stores. I would love to see Gander Outdoors take their spot in Hunt Valley. The one in York has a nice spread of firearms and ammunition!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Many here remember a time when it was the norm to see firearms being prominently displayed and sold in all sorts of different stores, from Sears to Wards to Western Auto to Woolworth amongst many others. From the standpoint of nowadays seeing even sporting goods stores discontinuing firearms, another loss of that once everyday and commonplace visual is the continuation of a disturbing and long running trend that only serves to foster and enhance the “guns are bad” mentality. That’s to me the bigger picture downside here.

That said, Dick’s is clearly no friend to the firearms community. They’re also nowadays a lousy place for finding any real product selection. Better I think that they exit quickly, because there’s no turning back for them now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    OP might have to edit thread title to, "Dick's may stop selling."

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Darn, looks like I'll miss out on.... Absolutely nothing. Haven't stepped foot in a Dicks Sports store since their AR and 21 to buy guns stunt. F em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom