• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Bravo Concealment appears to be spending a ton of money on online advertising and i bit, ordering an OWB kydex for a G33 to be used under a sweater or jacket for concealed carry.
    It arrived with a 1” molded extension for a threaded barrel which lengthens or deepens the holster by an inch. No mention on the site i could see, or on amazon. Seems i wouldn’t want the extra length for this purpose and bravo should mention it. Have been trying to clarrify with their service people, but no real answer yet. I can return it to amazon. Fit and finish is nice. Tried it fri/ sat. Not a bad holster, just deeper than need be for a smallish pistol.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    I've got several Bravo holsters; OWB, IWB, and appendix; used for CC and ran and bunch of classes with them. Always worked great, fits close to my body, good retention. I've always ordered directly from the website and the holsters have been 'made to order'.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I didnt know BC did Amazon. Nice holsters, but expensive. I've bought only one, a LH IWB P938 for my brother. He's always praised it. Call BC, they will resist.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I didnt know BC did Amazon. Nice holsters, but expensive. I've bought only one, a LH IWB P938 for my brother. He's always praised it. Call BC, they will resist.

“ resist” or assist? I did get an email response to my question from bravo on friday and a second email and it was a bit uncerain in that i think she was telling me they do not do custom anymore and that the owb holsters come cut out for red dot and are made to accomodate threaded barrels. And yes, amazon is now selling these and passing on any sale discounts that bravo offers, as i bought last week and got the veterans day discount.
    Other than the extra inch its pretty decent. Draws okay, retains ok, rides close to body and is relatively comfortable. It was $45. Not a bad price. Just finished a 1 hr walk and pretty much didnt notice it.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have a Bravo Concealment and a Black Rhino...no difference that I can tell. BC stopped offering left handed options and narrowed their offering a bit so I went with Black Rhino. Carried just about everyday for a year with it and no issues.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Their regular, non light bearing holster looks to be what you're looking for, perhaps you can get them to do a swap.

On a similar note, I just ordered a Vedder Light Draw for a G33. (The "Light" in the name has nothing to do with having a weapon light)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No kydex holster is any better than others. One might offer an adjustable clip but that's about it.
    There is one company I saw before that had a thin kydex. I've long forgotten who it was. But interesting having a flexible kydex for iwb.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    No kydex holster is any better than others. One might offer an adjustable clip but that's about it.
    There is one company I saw before that had a thin kydex. I've long forgotten who it was. But interesting having a flexible kydex for iwb.

I don't have a ton of holsters but have DEFINITELY seen a difference between some makers in fit and finish.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't have a ton of holsters but have DEFINITELY seen a difference between some makers in fit and finish.
    I used to use a hot glue gun to attach pieces of gun shaped neoprene to a neoprene band around my waist for deep concealment. Who needs"fit and finish" when it comes to self preservation?
    Pull a fcking gun and take care of business.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    “ resist” or assist? I did get an email response to my question from bravo on friday and a second email and it was a bit uncerain in that i think she was telling me they do not do custom anymore and that the owb holsters come cut out for red dot and are made to accomodate threaded barrels. And yes, amazon is now selling these and passing on any sale discounts that bravo offers, as i bought last week and got the veterans day discount.
    Other than the extra inch its pretty decent. Draws okay, retains ok, rides close to body and is relatively comfortable. It was $45. Not a bad price. Just finished a 1 hr walk and pretty much didnt notice it.

I meant resist. They have probably seen a slow down in business with so many Ebay sellers. The BC I got for my brother was very nice, probably the best one I've seen. Ive gotten all mine off Ebay. The thickness of the kydex makes the difference.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Racer doug, i got the sense BC was resisting via email. It has a 30 day return and amazon will take it back. I’d like tomstay with it and kill the threaded barrel accomodation. I saw on your 6 makes what looks like a nice owb. I have a couple of their IWBs and they are decent.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I used to use a hot glue gun to attach pieces of gun shaped neoprene to a neoprene band around my waist for deep concealment. Who needs"fit and finish" when it comes to self preservation?
    Pull a fcking gun and take care of business.

Rounded edges that don't poke or rub you where you don't want to be rubbed, for one thing. I had (still have, actually) a holster that was not properly recessed around the trigger guard, which A) rubbed the inside of my middle finger on each draw and B) prevented a true, full firing grip on the draw. Sandpaper took care of the issue.

So yeah, you can slap something together and it'll work. But there are other factors. Most of us spend a lot more time carrying and practicing than actually gunning down bad guys.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I have bravo concealment torsion holsters for my g23 and G27. They are both comfortable and seem well made. I also have a crossbreed supertuck for the g23. The crossbreed is more comfortable with khakis and dress pants to me, I think because it spreads the weight of the gun out a little more. The bravo is good when I’m wearing jeans.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm no concealed carry expert, but after buying a few, researching, trying some owned by friends...I settled on and have been happy with Forged Tec.
    Simple, adjustable retention, adjustable can't, rounded edges for $25 shipped. Have one for G17 and one for Walther PPS.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Rounded edges that don't poke or rub you where you don't want to be rubbed, for one thing. I had (still have, actually) a holster that was not properly recessed around the trigger guard, which A) rubbed the inside of my middle finger on each draw and B) prevented a true, full firing grip on the draw. Sandpaper took care of the issue.

So yeah, you can slap something together and it'll work. But there are other factors. Most of us spend a lot more time carrying and practicing than actually gunning down bad guys.
    Plastic surrounding metal is not comfortable, regardless of who makes it.

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Plastic surrounding metal is not comfortable, regardless of who makes it.

No doubt. But there is bearable, there is uncomfortable, and there is even downright painful. Sometimes design and execution has a bearing on where on this spectrum a holster falls. That's all I'm saying.

There's been many a garage/basement kydex holster maker who thought he could do it just as well as Raven, Bravo, etc., only to last six months and go back to sellling insurance or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom