• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Well, so at it's (re) proscribed time yesterday afternoon, after three reschedules, and without much fanfare, off it went. Actually, I was watching it through some very nice (but inexpensive) 10x40 Vanguard binos, which I stopped using very soon after I started. I'm sure the spots will go away eventually...
    Wife got a nice video of it, from pad up, but it's on her iPhone, I'll have to hook it to the PC to download it, right? It's probably too big to post, but it was cool, nonetheless. Less traffic out of there, too, I guess lots of spectators didn't come back. Can't much say I blame them though, I wouldn't have gone very far to see this, but glad I could.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I watched it from the marsh at Bishops Head, south of Cambridge/Blackwater. Saw it go up to about 20-25 degrees above the horizon, then it went behind some clouds and was gone. A couple minutes later, we got the rumble.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    From the CRE beach in Lusby all we could see was a vertical white contrail once it got above the cloud deck then mostly disappeared. Night launches should be better visually.

The Starlink4 satellite train should look great assuming it goes off Monday morning and we get some transits later this week. It is really cool watching 60 points of light fly across the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom