• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    If I wasn't in the 30 day "time out" after picking up a gun last week, I think that I would be ordering one.

Become a designated collector so you don’t have to worry about that. All it is is a BS form you fill out and send in. It may even be online now. I don’t know. No cost involved. I think Atlantic Guns has the forms. Or they used to. They can definitely tell you more about it.

Atlantic Guns

Industry Partner
    Feb 28, 2019
    Rockville and Silver Spring
    Become a designated collector so you don’t have to worry about that. All it is is a BS form you fill out and send in. It may even be online now. I don’t know. No cost involved. I think Atlantic Guns has the forms. Or they used to. They can definitely tell you more about it.

97e32aa9896e88c8776cf9d6d3fcaadc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Took 1 day for mine to get approved. I will usually let a handful accumulate at my FFL and then do it all at once to only have to pay MSP $10 one time and my FFL only charges for the one ATF form regardless of how many.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

I had forgotten about that. I was looking at the form and I know that it has been discussed before how to fill in the blank about the nature of your collecting. However, in looking at the top, it said that MD law defines a collector as someone who has an FFL03. Since I do, should I just put that down as my reason?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I had forgotten about that. I was looking at the form and I know that it has been discussed before how to fill in the blank about the nature of your collecting. However, in looking at the top, it said that MD law defines a collector as someone who has an FFL03. Since I do, should I just put that down as my reason?

“I collect antique and modern fire arms.”

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I only caution that you are opening up a Pandora’s box. In less than 2 years I went from single digits to high double digits :)

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I only caution that you are opening up a Pandora’s box. In less than 2 years I went from single digits to high double digits :)

That is what I am afraid of. I am hoping that my lack of storage space and my desire to become wiser with my money will keep me in check.

Joncorleone

Sep 1, 2019
    "All lawful purposes" also works.
    Dont put "Glock 19 for $299" because the officer approving it will run out and buy one, then tell her friends, and by the time you get it back the deal is gone. :lol2:

That’s what I put when I submitted my application. Came about a week later with the approval letter.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I filled out the application today and will get it notarized while out running errands tomorrow.

ETA: Since I had to run out tonight, I went ahead and got it notarized and mailed. My wallet will now hate me. I hope you are all happy now. ;)

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is kind of a weird question, but are you selling any G19 frames on their own? I really don't need another stock G19, but I could use the frame so I could run my Poly80 build in regular Glock holsters.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I went down and started the MSP paperwork yesterday. I called, prepaid and asked them to pick me out a good one. They emailed me a picture with the serial number of the one I trusted they would pick would be a good one. When I went down yesterday I was pleasantly surprised that the one they had picked had minimal holster wear (just a slight patina) and appeared to be shot very little. I felt no need to even look at any of the others. The numbers on the side are branded into the grip part of the frame but no worries being I will be adding Talon grips to cover it. Can't beat the price for a LE trade G19. The folks at Atlantic are extremely friendly and I would not hesitate to deal with the them again.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom