• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    I'm surprised your post was looked over, I was just drooling over pythons on gunbroker.com about 6 minutes ago, beautiful

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well nevermind....this thread needs some pics yall :p

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:drool:

Attachments

• 2013-09-20 09.26.58.jpg
      2013-09-20 09.26.58.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 129
    • 2013-09-20 09.26.22.jpg
      2013-09-20 09.26.22.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 131

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I have two black powder pistols I picked up on estate sale...
    I know almost nothing about Black powder and don't have the materials. I've never shot them tho I would like too.

+1

A couple years ago my father gave me an old traditions 50 cal black powder rifle he had picked up at an estate sale.
    I don't have any plans to get into black powder and shoot it, but I will always keep this rifle because its the only gun my dad gifted to me.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    All in un-fired condition
    CYQ Gray Ghost P38
    Manurhin 380 PPK
    1969 Browning High Power (99.9%)

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Shoot all mine except one.
    House I grew up in was built by my great-great grandfather in the mid 1800s. When my parents restored it they found a model 1805 Harper's ferry flintlock RIFLE in the attic. This was a rifle issued to militia from research. Not sure who acquired it. The older generation tells stories about it being hunted with and outing food on the table. It certainly was used by my ancestors. Had it properly restored, and it is valued at over $10k. Want to shoot it to feel what those before me felt, but can't bring myself to do it.

Otherwise if I don't shoot it, it goes.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Shoot all mine except one.
    House I grew up in was built by my great-great grandfather in the mid 1800s. When my parents restored it they found a model 1805 Harper's ferry flintlock RIFLE in the attic. This was a rifle issued to militia from research. Not sure who acquired it. The older generation tells stories about it being hunted with and outing food on the table. It certainly was used by my ancestors. Had it properly restored, and it is valued at over $10k. Want to shoot it to feel what those before me felt, but can't bring myself to do it.

Otherwise if I don't shoot it, it goes.

Cool story. Consider putting your research together, have a glass case made for it, include any documentation, and a letter you write about the gun. Keep it as a piece of your family history.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I've had a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket for years. Built in 1913. I actually shot it for the first time this morning. I was very pleasantly surprised at what a nice shooter it is. Got all shots on target at 7 yards. It's going into the rotation.

Very cool... I have not fired mine as of yet... But I did do a lot of reading and reviewing when I acquired it. From all indications, it is a very highly rated little pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom