• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I like the idea, but this would keep it away from home defense duty for me:

We have to emphasize however, that touching off the .22 TCM 9R in the confined space of one’s house can be a nerve-wracking experience. To say that it is loud would be a tremendous understatement. Moreover, a shot in the dark could temporarily impair one’s natural night vision—which would not be good if one is engaged in a fight for survival in low-light.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

I was not thinking home defense for night work. I was thinking more for a day time application and switch out the slides so you are back to the 9mm at night... There are less chances that a 22TCMR9 will penetrate walls during the day when more people are roaming about.

Night time is different since less people/children are up and out. So a 9mm is a better choice then.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Unimpressed. I can get 2000 fps with a 110 gr JHP out of an m1 carbine. In my opinion that's a better home defense weapon. Light, easy to manipulate, lo recoil and devastating.
    I would rather keep the glock a 9mm.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I was not thinking home defense for night work. I was thinking more for a day time application and switch out the slides so you are back to the 9mm at night... There are less chances that a 22TCMR9 will penetrate walls during the day when more people are roaming about.

Night time is different since less people/children are up and out. So a 9mm is a better choice then.

Makes sense. I would like to see a box of truth on the 110 gr JHP. I know it shatters on feral hogs.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Unimpressed. I can get 2000 fps with a 110 gr JHP out of an m1 carbine. In my opinion that's a better home defense weapon. Light, easy to manipulate, lo recoil and devastating.
    I would rather keep the glock a 9mm.

Can you carry that carbine in a holster on your side, with 17 rounds in the grip?
    And will that 2000 FPS 9mm stop when it hits a wall?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I believe one of the hooligans has one. I've eyed them pretty hard as I love the concept but the used market asking price is the same as a new TCM

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Can you carry that carbine in a holster on your side, with 17 rounds in the grip?
    And will that 2000 FPS 9mm stop when it hits a wall?
    No I see where your coming from. I thought it was for home defense. The night flash would be a bad as a 357 snub. As for the 30 cal 110 gr JHP I'm searching for test through drywall.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    Take one 5.56 casing...
    Cut it short...
    Redo the neck to accept a .224...
    Shorten the bullet to fit the rounds into a Glock 17 magazine...
    Mill slide and install barrel and spring...

One RIA 22TCM9R at your service... 2000 feet per second...

http://homedefensejournal.com/2015/10/21/armscor-22tcm-9r-conversion-kit-glock/

http://armscor.com/firearms/conversion-kits/

practically speaking, aside from the fun of an "adult" shop project, why are we trying to reach 2000fps? whats the point? and as far as punching through walls- don't miss...

I can carry 16rds which depending on the ammo runs avg 1100-1300fps...and I MAY want to punch through walls- again theres no definite standard issues...I hd lived in a townhouse that had cinder block firewalls between each unit...my current house your point of entry runs parallel to my bed (and where I live, if theres someone in your house at night it aint an accident...) so I MAY want to put rounds through that wall...and before anyone speaks of the poor ole innocents- THERE ARE NONE, going that direction there is over a mile of trees, and the other direction a big dirt berm...

just wondering on the "why" behind the question from a practical sense

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    ....ps I bought one of the underground missile silos and converted it...

no, not really, but I do live in the mountains...our shitty road is our security plan- no one f*cks w/ us or robs us cuz they can't haul ass out of here...and they don't actually know if someone IS home or IF someone ELSE is watching your property...and we all got guns...many guns...my guess- minimum of 4 per household, and some 10-12

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area

Quote:
    We have to emphasize however, that touching off the .22 TCM 9R in the confined space of one’s house can be a nerve-wracking experience. To say that it is loud would be a tremendous understatement. Moreover, a shot in the dark could temporarily impair one’s natural night vision—which would not be good if one is engaged in a fight for survival in low-light.

...you could just keep the rate of fire up to keep your lighting up...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    practically speaking, aside from the fun of an "adult" shop project, why are we trying to reach 2000fps? whats the point? and as far as punching through walls- don't miss...

I can carry 16rds which depending on the ammo runs avg 1100-1300fps...and I MAY want to punch through walls- again theres no definite standard issues...I hd lived in a townhouse that had cinder block firewalls between each unit...my current house your point of entry runs parallel to my bed (and where I live, if theres someone in your house at night it aint an accident...) so I MAY want to put rounds through that wall...and before anyone speaks of the poor ole innocents- THERE ARE NONE, going that direction there is over a mile of trees, and the other direction a big dirt berm...

just wondering on the "why" behind the question from a practical sense
    Check the videos... 2000 FPS allows a tiny round to perform like a huge round on first contact with a target, creating devastating damage... while the tiny round expends its energy at a very fast rate. Which causes less chances for secondary collateral damage.
    ....ps I bought one of the underground missile silos and converted it...

no, not really, but I do live in the mountains...our shitty road is our security plan- no one f*cks w/ us or robs us cuz they can't haul ass out of here...and they don't actually know if someone IS home or IF someone ELSE is watching your property...and we all got guns...many guns...my guess- minimum of 4 per household, and some 10-12
    The 22TCM9R has a very flat trajectory and remarkable accuracy with minimal recoil, allowing it to perform very well at distances that are impressive.
    Quote:
    We have to emphasize however, that touching off the .22 TCM 9R in the confined space of one’s house can be a nerve-wracking experience. To say that it is loud would be a tremendous understatement. Moreover, a shot in the dark could temporarily impair one’s natural night vision—which would not be good if one is engaged in a fight for survival in low light.

Just like the AR-15 5.56 pistol that many swear is their idea of a home defense weapon... In a package 1/4th its size... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom