• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Hunting and fishing work the same way. Just like you have to understand deer, geese, ducks, etc. and what they like and how they behave, you have to do the same thing with fish.

Growing up, my dad would take us fishing and we caught NOTHING. Kind of like when he took us goose hunting without decoys or calls. Only time we killed something was on a foggy day when they were flying low and we winged one.

Anyway, I met a guy in law school that was into hunting and fishing. We struck it up in tort class when we both found out we were hunters. He and I did some hunting that winter. Then, he invited me and another law school buddy to go rockfishing with him and his uncle. I let the other guy take the rod on the first strike and he landed the biggest fish I had ever seen. I was cussing at myself for letting him take the rod. Then, we got another bite and I reeled in this, and was glad I let him take the first one. lol

A couple years later, I took my dad for trophy rockfish. He wasn't excited about going. Growing up, he always said, "I prefer hunting because you can see the animals. Fishing, you have no idea if there are fish there or not." Well, like me, he sat back when the first rod dipped and he watched the first big rock get reeled in. When the second rod dipped, he was running over to the rod holder. He was hooked. lol

Now, 400+ trophy fish in a year is a lot of coin and a lot of time. I couldn't even attempt that during my bachelor days, and I was hunting and fishing a good amount for a couple years.

that's either a really big fish, or you're really short :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom