• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I was born and raised in Upstate New York. If you want to see how truly twisted we've become as a country, read the replies at the bottom of the article. It will blow you away. There's a comment about how the government GIVES us rights, 'why does an dead man need a gun?', etc. While the conservative responses argue about property rights and current laws protecting the heirs rights to the property, there's MANY, MANY comments such as the above, all based on emotion, nonsense and 'needs of a dead man'.

Absolutely amazing. :sad20:
    I say if a Dead Democrat can vote then a dead Conservative needs a gun. Maybe they should lean on the dead voters in the afterlife and get them to vote the RIGHT way.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Emphasis on "permit holders"....aka pistol permit holders.

Not all that bad an idea. Wonder if trusts would shield/ facilitate perpetual ownership?

Owning a handgun in NY requires a permit. At least they have a rational, repeatable permit process. I know many folks there who have permits.

This new process, while potentially capable of being abused, isn't necessarily bad.

I repeat...AT LEAST THEY HAVE A PROCESS WHERE MANY CITIZEN CAN GET A PERMIT AND CARRY.

How the "authorities" execute and mature this new process will be telling. It certainly does have potential to be done wrong/abusively. Frankly, there's lots of folks I'd prefer not to have/carry guns. I absolutely concur it's a right to own and carry.

Permit holders are vetted. I'm good with that. Whomever stands to inherit should also be vetted...IMO. How this plays out remains to be seen and will almost certainly be subject to close scrutiny now that it's on the table.

:sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Owning a handgun in NY requires a permit. At least they have a rational, repeatable permit process. I know many folks there who have permits.

This new process, while potentially capable of being abused, isn't necessarily bad.

I repeat...AT LEAST THEY HAVE A PROCESS WHERE MANY CITIZEN CAN GET A PERMIT AND CARRY.

How the "authorities" execute and mature this new process will be telling. It certainly does have potential to be done wrong/abusively. Frankly, there's lots of folks I'd prefer not to have/carry guns. I absolutely concur it's a right to own and carry.

Permit holders are vetted. I'm good with that. Whomever stands to inherit should also be vetted...IMO. How this plays out remains to be seen and will almost certainly be subject to close scrutiny now that it's on the table.

Some people have permits . . . and they're so grateful to the authorities who have found them worthy of exercising the rights of citizenship.

They have a process whereby some citizens, depending on the county in which they live, might be allowed to own a firearm.

Do you believe that "authorities" should be given free hand to act abusively? And what's your plan to stop them?

You believe in the right of citizens to vet other citizens regarding their potential ability to exercise their God-given rights. Big of you. You also agree that the disposition of personal property should be subject to the approval of the "authorities."

Anything else you'd like to take away? With the best of intentions, no doubt, since you understand that none of us can be trusted with personal freedom until we've been found fit to exercise it, by the "authorities".

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea of giving my guns away to freedom loving people before I die... sort of a final act of defiance. ... and before you guys start lining up for this great karma... let me state that I hope that it will be several decades from now. ;-)

hey man, medical science and whatnot.

Let's hope for centuries

We need all the help we can get :)

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Guns on the street? What street is this?!? I could use some free guns!

Don't take the bait. Anthony Brown promised that if Hogan were elected, we'd all find machine guns laying around in parks on swings. Election night, when Hogan got elected and Brown conceded, I immediately ran over to the nearest park and checked every swing I could find. Not a single machine gun for the taking.

They talk about guns on streets and in playgrounds, but the truth is it's all empty promises. Sad really, just can't trust politicians these days.

Code:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well now, Buffalo must be taking Charlton Heston literally "You can have my gun when you pry it, from my cold, dead hand"

Feb 28, 2013
    Don't take the bait. Anthony Brown promised that if Hogan were elected, we'd all find machine guns laying around in parks on swings. Election night, when Hogan got elected and Brown conceded, I immediately ran over to the nearest park and checked every swing I could find. Not a single machine gun for the taking.

They talk about guns on streets and in playgrounds, but the truth is it's all empty promises. Sad really, just can't trust politicians these days.

Code:

Yeah, :wtf:

Always room in my house for more "military style assault weapons".

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Some people have permits . . . and they're so grateful to the authorities who have found them worthy of exercising the rights of citizenship.

They have a process whereby some citizens, depending on the county in which they live, might be allowed to own a firearm.

Do you believe that "authorities" should be given free hand to act abusively? And what's your plan to stop them?

You believe in the right of citizens to vet other citizens regarding their potential ability to exercise their God-given rights. Big of you. You also agree that the disposition of personal property should be subject to the approval of the "authorities."

Anything else you'd like to take away? With the best of intentions, no doubt, since you understand that none of us can be trusted with personal freedom until we've been found fit to exercise it, by the "authorities".
    Big Bob, Bobmeister, Bobbaramma...do you believe that asking those kinds of questions, in that way is anything short of ignorant???

If you want to know what I believe, ask me...feel free to PM or better still, feel free to visit. I'm guessing your boldness ain't so much in person. That keyboard may conceal but it don't cover.

My beliefs, like my bonifides are pretty open. I've spent a great deal of time in Western and central NY. I've hunted and lived with those folks over the past three plus decades. I have two pretty good friends in NY and MA where their gun related laws are also for shit. We discuss the relative merits between the three states (MD, NY, MA) with regularity. They're still better off than MD. I left MD because of crappy laws, piss poor politicians, too many entitled, arrogant folk and stupid taxes. I served my country for a full and successful career. I had an FFL for several years. I've got not one but two concealed carry permits (and I carry). I was a federal law enforcement officer. I shoot regularly. I taught political science including the Constitution in graduate school. You? (Don't tell me. I already know of you what I need...it was rhetorical.)

Your post presumed an awful lot. Your post assumed an awful lot. You certainly felt free to jump to some interesting conclusions. How gracious and mature of you.

Let it suffice to say I believe strongly in and fully support the Second Amendment. And the First. I guess the First is how folks like you can feel so free to be rude AND ignorant in public. Righteous much?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Big Bob, Bobmeister, Bobbaramma...do you believe that asking those kinds of questions, in that way is anything short of ignorant???

If you want to know what I believe, ask me...feel free to PM or better still, feel free to visit. I'm guessing your boldness ain't so much in person. That keyboard may conceal but it don't cover.

My beliefs, like my bonifides are pretty open. I've spent a great deal of time in Western and central NY. I've hunted and lived with those folks over the past three plus decades. I have two pretty good friends in NY and MA where their gun related laws are also for shit. We discuss the relative merits between the three states (MD, NY, MA) with regularity. They're still better off than MD. I left MD because of crappy laws, piss poor politicians, too many entitled, arrogant folk and stupid taxes. I served my country for a full and successful career. I had an FFL for several years. I've got not one but two concealed carry permits (and I carry). I was a federal law enforcement officer. I shoot regularly. I taught political science including the Constitution in graduate school. You? (Don't tell me. I already know of you what I need...it was rhetorical.)

Your post presumed an awful lot. Your post assumed an awful lot. You certainly felt free to jump to some interesting conclusions. How gracious and mature of you.

Let it suffice to say I believe strongly in and fully support the Second Amendment. And the First. I guess the First is how folks like you can feel so free to be rude AND ignorant in public. Righteous much?

Regarding what you believe, I thought you posted it in the box I quoted.

I have family and friends in upstate NY, and was born and raised there. However, I don't think that is any part of the point.

Thank you for your service. Although I don't see that as part of the point, either.

As I read it, your point seemed to fall on relinquishing the right of self-defense to the approval of "authorities", in whom you vest this power, while (in your post above) you admit to the existence of poor politicians and arrogant folk whose ambition it is to withhold my rights, subject to their approval of my person.

Seems like you don't approve of my person either. So forgive me if I don't ask you for a permit, or permission to question your position.

I don't think I'm any more rude or righteous than any other poster. But pay no attention to that. You already know all you need of me, apparently.

I'll pass on your invitation to visit at this time, but thank you for the offer. I'll asume it wasn't rhetorical.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The article also talks about us:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/activists-outraged-registration-does-lead-to-confiscation

Gun confiscations in Buffalo weren’t the only alarming news this week from Fox. On Wednesday, the network reported about Jack McCauley, now retired from the Maryland State Police, who contended in a court affidavit that the administration of anti-gun Gov. Martin O’Malley purposely misled the public about the state’s Firearms Safety Act of 2013.

According to the Fox report, McCauley, who served in the police firearms licensing division, was allegedly under political pressure not to answer questions about the Act’s effectiveness as a crime-prevention tool. He reportedly accused O’Malley’s office and the mainstream press of “intentionally lying to people,” and now he’s apparently trying to clear the record.

Omalley's would-be successor Anthony G. Brown was defeated Nov. 4 by Republican Larry Hogan. Maryland gun owners are hoping the law, which banned so-called “assault weapons” and placed new restrictions on handgun buyers in the state, gets reversed on Hogan's watch. That will be up to the legislature. A lawsuit to overturn the law was short-lived, so now the only option is repeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom