• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Anyone use one yet?

http://aliengearholsters.com/
    ironcladtext.png

They appear to be better than sliced bread and a few other old adages.
    pricing2.png

Worth a look?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm not a big fan of these hybrid holsters, but I have a few, I do not own an Alien holster.

After a little, research, they seem legit and I would buy a holster from them. I looked for up charges, found only reasonable extras for example if you want it in black $5 more. If you want an additional shell, $13 extra, leather belt loops $8 for the pair. Shipping a flat $7. All this is reasonable. I found several good reviews and videos.

There is another company that sells holsters like this in kits. You can get the complete holster, or a version you put together yourself. I bought a couple of these and put them together myself. The screws were a tad too long and the belt loops slightly too big, it was a bit too sloppy for me, and materials not quite as good as Crossbreed or Kholster. Also consider Foxx for a good inexpensive hybrid holster. Kholster is excellent too, about same price with discount.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Bought one a while back with a few extra covers but have not had the opportunity to wear it. Heading to FL in a month, so that will change :-) It appears to be every bit as good as my Minotaur MTAC.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Get a Raven Concealment. Best holster.

Raven hardly seems a comparable IWB holster compared to Alien Gear or Crossbreed. Different designs entirely near as I can tell from their web site.

I have an AG for a PX-4 Compact. I did the CB vs AG comparison, thought about it long and hard, and went with the AG due to price figuring if I was unhappy with it, then I'd likewise be unhappy with the CB. And if I was unhappy, I'd be about half as unhappy with the AG due to its price. What I ended up being unhappy with is the whole concept of the double clip tuckable holster. I takes some practice just to get dressed and comfortable. I prefer something smaller and requiring less "installation", so in that regard the Raven might work better. Unfortunately, you almost need to try them all to determine what works best for you. But IMHO, the AG and CB are comparable minus the price.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I've got one, for the price point it is a no-brainer. Very similar to Old Faithful holsters, but about $15 less expensive. It is a decent holster and lately I have used it more often than my other holsters. It takes some fiddling around getting the depth and spacing where I like it, but economically - it's great.

My biggest gripe is that they seem to use the same stamp to cut the leather, and with my pistol the leather dangles uselessly above my grip. Then again, it's still being broken in.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Not the best, but a great usable holster. I have one for a Glock 30 and it fits every Glock it's ever met. I will be trying a Foxx or GCode this Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I ordered one for my p228.. yesterday as well.. I use a Crossbreed for my Kimber Pro Carry 2 and i love it.. so figured why not warrenty, and shell replacements and I can order extra shells i figured no brainer.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Raven hardly seems a comparable IWB holster compared to Alien Gear or Crossbreed. Different designs entirely near as I can tell from their web site.

I have an AG for a PX-4 Compact. I did the CB vs AG comparison, thought about it long and hard, and went with the AG due to price figuring if I was unhappy with it, then I'd likewise be unhappy with the CB. And if I was unhappy, I'd be about half as unhappy with the AG due to its price. What I ended up being unhappy with is the whole concept of the double clip tuckable holster. I takes some practice just to get dressed and comfortable. I prefer something smaller and requiring less "installation", so in that regard the Raven might work better. Unfortunately, you almost need to try them all to determine what works best for you. But IMHO, the AG and CB are comparable minus the price.

Oh. OK.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I ordered two back in Dec. One for my 3913 and a gift for a XDs.
    I have only worn mine a few days so far but I like it.
    Talked to buddy I gave the XDs holster to and he's worn it a few times as well and likes it.
    I think they are a good value for the price and I like the ability of being able to swap out the shell if I decide to carry a different pistol.
    It took a little bit of adjusting to get the ride position, and retention just right for me but once it was adjusted to my liking I forget it's on.
    It's not as easy to put on, and take off, or as pretty as my Alessi Talon Plus, but $30 is easier on the wallet than $100 for the Alessi.

outlaw613

Jun 5, 2013
    i have two alien holsters one for my full size Beretta 92 and s&w shield
    love them both fits well lots of extra parts will not have the gun fall out easily.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    I like mine. Sig p220. Leather is nice. You are able to make plenty of adjustments for the gun to fit properly. Good price and warranty. It is my only IWB holster so I've got nothing to compare it with. I'll probably get more for other pistols.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 680

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Get a Raven Concealment. Best holster.

Apples and Oranges, not a fair comparison. (I agree, Raven and a few others are much better than these hybrid holsters).

Ordered one yesterday, I'll updated after receiving.

Cool, and looking forward to your reviews. Alien says they use the thickest kydex, I actually like the thinner kydex; its easier to adjust yourself (with a hair dryer or heat gun), and bending the clip is easier too. Yes they are a little more brittle, but I've never had one fail on me.

I hate all of them. Just waaaaaay to much going on to tuck a pistol down yer drawers.

Not my favorite holster either. I mostly don't like that they take up so much real-estate on my hip, they get pretty sweaty, most are hard to get the right grip (so you have to cut out the leather where your thumb goes in). They also require the wearer to undo your belt and work it into place (larger pant size too). Lots to not like about this style holster.

I have yet to go into OWB yet..

OWB is the way to go for comfort and all day/everyday carry. Some can be just as discrete as IWB, obviously not tuckable (that never worked for me anyhow, even with the best 'tuckable' IWB holsters).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom