• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Senator Lee appears to be a one eyed shooter. Thinking this was more of a photo opp that something he really spends his spare time doing. Cool none the less.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I grew up shooting one eyed and way too late to stop now. Nor everyone can adjust to both eyes open.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    There are a lot of great one eyed shooters. This guy is not one of them. From the way he handled the gun, to all of his shots being blurred to hide the fact that he couldn't crush a bird to save his life. Anybody notice that his list of hobbies did not include shooting or hunting?

I do give him credit for actually firing the gun and doing it on video (unlike Obama a few years ago with his still photo.

BTW, you can attempt to try shooting with two eyes. It might help, it might not. Really depends on your dominance and the degree of it and how much time you are willing to dedicate towards it. I am struggling with this right now. From time to time, my left eye will take over in the middle of a shot. Mostly on hard lefts and I can not control it, but I normally recognize it when it happens. I have tried shooting with my left eye closed and/or glasses taped. When I do that I lose all of my peripheral vision and the bird ends up getting lost behind the barrel of my gun. Gonna try some more though. Gotta waste a lot of shells to make a big change.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    There are a lot of great one eyed shooters. This guy is not one of them. From the way he handled the gun, to all of his shots being blurred to hide the fact that he couldn't crush a bird to save his life. Anybody notice that his list of hobbies did not include shooting or hunting?

I do give him credit for actually firing the gun and doing it on video (unlike Obama a few years ago with his still photo.

BTW, you can attempt to try shooting with two eyes. It might help, it might not. Really depends on your dominance and the degree of it and how much time you are willing to dedicate towards it. I am struggling with this right now. From time to time, my left eye will take over in the middle of a shot. Mostly on hard lefts and I can not control it, but I normally recognize it when it happens. I have tried shooting with my left eye closed and/or glasses taped. When I do that I lose all of my peripheral vision and the bird ends up getting lost behind the barrel of my gun. Gonna try some more though. Gotta waste a lot of shells to make a big change.

Pllus, did it sound like he was getting a gun tutorial on how over/unders work at the beginning? You see rock Perry shooting, doing press conferences with large hats on, you know he's a gun guy. This guy doesn't seem like a gun guy.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think this was filmed during the congressional staff shoot last week so I'm sure it attracts people who just want to get out and have a little fun and maybe get some 2A points.
    The best line of the clip was "would you eat a woodcock?" :lol2:

We need an MDS day at PG T&S this fall. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom