• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    My office at Johnson Controls is looking for a entry level field technician in the Baltimore Area for HVAC control startup at commercial sites. HVAC experience is preferred but not necessarily required if troubleshooting or technical experience can be demonstrated. Computer knowledge is required and must be able to pass drug testing and background checks.

https://johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/systems-technician-i-30431

We are also looking for what we call a Construction Site Supervisor. This is essentially a field superintendent to inspect our project sites, attend meetings and be the eyes and ears for the office.

https://johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/construction-site-supervisor-i-hvac-27284

Let me know if you're interested or any have questions.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    My son is graduating with an IE degree in May. Johnson Controls is one of the companies his advisor said to look into. Do you do any manufacturing at Sparks? Do the manufacturer in MD at all. Can you help? :D

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    My son is graduating with an IE degree in May. Johnson Controls is one of the companies his advisor said to look into. Do you do any manufacturing at Sparks? Do the manufacturer in MD at all. Can you help? :D

We don't do any manufacturing in Sparks. They still manufacture air handing equipment in our plant up in york, PA. Sparks is just an office building. We did just finish our testing lab for commercial chillers in Shrewsbury but I don't know much about it yet.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My office at Johnson Controls is looking for a entry level field technician in the Baltimore Area for HVAC control startup at commercial sites. HVAC experience is preferred but not necessarily required if troubleshooting or technical experience can be demonstrated. Computer knowledge is required and must be able to pass drug testing and background checks.

https://johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/systems-technician-i-30431

We are also looking for what we call a Construction Site Supervisor. This is essentially a field superintendent to inspect our project sites, attend meetings and be the eyes and ears for the office.

https://johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/construction-site-supervisor-i-hvac-27284

Let me know if you're interested or any have questions.

Is manufacturing really getting better at sending out the Simplicity boards correctly configured or will this job mostly entail correcting the control set up? I've heard rumors both ways.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Is manufacturing really getting better at sending out the Simplicity boards correctly configured or will this job mostly entail correcting the control set up? I've heard rumors both ways.

We actually don't deal with the simplicity boards more than a few times a year. Getting the correct programming from a HVAC factory these days isn't easy regardless of the vendor but they claim to be getting better. Most of the projects we do have custom programming with field installed controls.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Johnson could use some more good field techs.

I could make their existing techs work at a higher skill level, but I'm too old to just be another dog filling a seat in a truck like so many companies seem to think is priority 1 these days.

Unless the economy tanks for some reason, this year will be a record setter for the HVAC service industry. Far too many new and major renovated buildings and no where near the number of skilled techs to do the work.

There will be shops charging $200/hr before the summer is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom