• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    She already has business management experience with one of the most successful service franchise systems on the planet.

Why not stay in franchise management, with the idea of eventually owning her own franchised business? International Franchise Ass'n (IFA) has lots of resources.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    As an experienced corporate manager and former business owner, I hired hundreds of people in my career.

In addition, I have a daughter that graduated from UMES with honors with a degree in Hotel/Motel Management before the schools became brainwashing centers. They were liberal leaning, just not as obvious as they are today.

If I was still managing a company today, I would steer more towards candidates that have little or no college corruption of their thought process.

My opinion may be unpopular, but most of those that I see graduating from college these days, are ill prepared for the workplace or the real world!

If she had been properly educated, she would have had job prospects before graduating that were in here chosen field.

The idea that college is necessary for a bright future is ridiculous. College is only necessary so the liberal fools employed by them can leach a paycheck from the system. Most professors could not survive for a week on their own and most would be dead in two weeks.

Give me employees that have military experience! They can adapt, improvise and overcome! They are not expecting to be coddled and are used to tough conditions and hard work with little appreciation. These are my ideal employees. Of course, this is only half as true for officers as it is for enlisted personnel who actually get the work done while the officers take the credit and reap the benefits!

As others have suggested, have her enlist. She can have a good life as an officer and the enlisted personnel will teach her to be a contributing member of society.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    English but does not want to be a teacher

Why a degree in English and work in a Jiffy Lube? Seems like there are a lot of avenues open. If she doesn’t want to teach has she thought of being a tutor? Or is teaching completely out of the question? A lot of collages have assistant positions to the profs. What exactly is she looking for again? A change of life or a change of career?

Last edited:

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    She could go to work for a temp agency for a while. A lot of folks use that as a way to experience and evaluate different employers and their work environments. I remember a number of people at one company had several people I met who came in that way....working temporarily on a contract, learned the business got hired on in a similar field. With a degree in English, she could look at editing for ad and marketing materials. $0.02.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Yes, for the high level executives and your political class. But the general secretary and such are disappearing. Even receptionists are going away. Managerial position is a better career path with more opportunity than a secretary. I would look for an HR position before secretary. The few secretaries I know are having HR duties pushed on them to help argue that the position is necessary, even the executive personal assistant.

My sister went from a college degree to a job with a temporary firm as admin assistant to VP of HR at a contracting firm in 10 years.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    With her background at Jiffy Libe I would suggest she apply at CarMax. If you are a hard worker you can excel. My brother has done very well and worked his way into management and he started with no degree and selling cars before he moved to the parts and service side of things. He started as one of those service guys who coordinates repairs and schedules repairs and service. Now he’s an operations manager and travels to other locations to get them running and still has his home store he operates out of 85% of the time. I’m damn proud of my brother, he took some lumps and learned, and then proved hard work gets you places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom