• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think things are going to go sideways real quick in Cleveland. If there is an exchange of gunfire between the bikers and the leftists, it's law-abiding gun owners that will suffer.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think things are going to go sideways real quick in Cleveland. If there is an exchange of gunfire between the bikers and the leftists, it's law-abiding gun owners that will suffer.

I'm also afraid of this. People need to take it down a notch and rethink unless there is an absolute threat.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    As others have mentioned, this is all kabuki theater.

You need to look for what the other left hand is doing to subvert our rights.

With so many Soros-funded progressive groups showing up to protest, knowing their penchant for violence, putting armed private citizens within arms reach (pardon the pun) of people who have a proven track record of openly assaulting those considered to be "conservative," how many "plants" will it take (meaning armed progressive terrorists) to start shooting, calling for more SWATZI cops in the streets, national guard presence to restore order and, God forbid, could this lead to the ever-popularly conjectured "martial law declaration" by his lowness, President Obeyme?

Not a stretch. Not paranoia, just observing the pieces coming into play on the gameboard of "Risk: Cleveland edition."

Discuss.

I don't think Soros is paying enough to motivate his bands of tame progressives to deliberately seek to be firearms targets.

This is not to say that they couldn't motivate free-range nutjobs to do so, on their own. The unwashed left seems to have a fair number of home-grown insane, who are easily media-driven to frenzy.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I can see this as a problem because the bad guys can blend in with the good. Huge mental overload for security and LE. As someone else mentioned I think they should go in a different direction and temporarily allow CC.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I believe I heard that the New Black Panthers are going to protest at the convention and they will be carrying weapons. Then you add in the Bikers and there could be an explosive display like no 4th of July celebration will ever match. You can't suspend the Constitution, so it's going to be a very rough few days for the peace officers assigned to keep the peace.

One question. Does this statute pertain to just Ohio residence or anyone traveling through the state that is not an Ohio resident?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, he WAS the "deciding vote" to get it passed.

I don't think this has anything to do with HIS belief in rule of law, state law, Constitution, anything.

As others have mentioned, this is all kabuki theater.

You need to look for what the other left hand is doing to subvert our rights.

With so many Soros-funded progressive groups showing up to protest, knowing their penchant for violence, putting armed private citizens within arms reach (pardon the pun) of people who have a proven track record of openly assaulting those considered to be "conservative," how many "plants" will it take (meaning armed progressive terrorists) to start shooting, calling for more SWATZI cops in the streets, national guard presence to restore order and, God forbid, could this lead to the ever-popularly conjectured "martial law declaration" by his lowness, President Obeyme?

Not a stretch. Not paranoia, just observing the pieces coming into play on the gameboard of "Risk: Cleveland edition."

Discuss.

This, and the media-frenzied, Leftist nut jobs mentioned above, blending into the crowd, are what worry me, too.

This is an event tied to another - the election - that will have an effect on 2A rights, and they"ll be a topic of substantial discussion. Those who are passionate and unhinged might want to take the opportunity to manufacture an incident or crisis to exploit and present their pov that way instead of the democratic process.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This is beginning to shape up like first battle of Bull Run.

On the last day of the convention.....

.....the 155th anniversary.

July 21, 1861.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Whew, I thought it was someone who represented the police and lobbied for laws, or something. I feel much better knowing it was only the head of the union.

union leaders don't need to know the law.

I'd feel much worse if it was an PD official.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unions are concerned with salaries and WORKING CONDITIONS, which would explain their stance, legal or not. I don't blame the union for trying, because as mentioned, their leaders are elected, and he may be doing what the rank and file wants, legal or not.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The head of the police union said that if Kasich doesn't have the authority he should ask someone who does. I guess the head of the police union never read the Constitution and does not understand the law.

There is "someone" to ask but this convention will be over before a Constitutional Convention can be held.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom