• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    An interesting thought I had, which if my memory serves me correctly, is how hypocritical the Democratic party is with "gun violence". If I am wrong please correct me:

Reporting to NICS is voluntary by the states. States like Maryland, which is fully controlled by the Democratic party, do not cooperate with NICS reporting. Several other states are Wisconsin, Washington, and New Hampshire. What do those states have in common? They are all controlled by Democrat's. So basically Democrat's are refusing to cooperate with NICS, there by allowing prohibited individuals to purchase firearms. But the Democratic party says the only way to prevent "gun violence" is to take away guns. So the same people who say the only way to prevent "gun violence" is to take away guns, are also the same people allowing prohibited persons the ability to obtain firearms.

Think about that for a minute.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think that this used to be the case, pre 2013, but my understanding post 2014 is that they do. During FSA2013 testimony I recall that MD did not submit mental health data to NICS (they do submit other state prohibitor criminal info). I think that subsequently this has been corrected (?).

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I thought the excuse behind having the MSP take 7 days for a background check, for a handgun transfer, was that MD didn't fully report to NICS?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I do not think there is evidence one way or the other regarding MD fully reporting to NICS; I suspect little or nothing has changed.

Mr H

Banana'd
    IIRC, MD doesn't FULLY report to NICS (I don't recall all the details), and also refuses to hand over Point of Contact status to them.

So, MSP retains their position as "Not Disapprover of Record", and insists on running multiple redundant manual checks, rather than fully report and get the law-abiding their firearms as most of Free America does.

If my info is dated, I apologize, but it's what I recall.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    From an August 2014 Washington Post Article about NICS reporting.
    Maryland has received $10 million in criminal justice grants over the past decade, though it had submitted just 285 records as of last fall. Concerned about his state’s poor track record, Harris raised the issue with Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in a hearing about Justice Department funding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0cc44c01e7f_story.html?utm_term=.75211826306b

Good to know there are so few nut cases in MD.:sarcasm:

Link to Everytown report on numbers of cases reported for each state:
    https://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Closing-The-Gaps-Appendix-Only.pdf

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So, MSP retains their position as "Not Disapprover of Record", and insists on running multiple redundant manual checks, rather than fully report and get the law-abiding their firearms as most of Free America does.

For regulated firearms, right? not for long guns and shotguns? 4473 only for those.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Please elaborate on your point re MD not cooperating with NICS. Are you saying the state isn’t providing information?

Thanks to Hillary's HIPPA we had the situation with Cho.

Also are you saying there is not a concerted effort by Democrat politicians and legislators to reduce the "impact" of criminal records? There sure is

Every year more and more laws disallowing use and sharing of criminal records are passed. It is already starting to permeate employment and housing law.

increasing if you are leasing out housing, or even considering a roommate, criminal records are off limits in liberal jurisdictions. same is happening with employment.

The law in many Democrat states now is that if you as a landlord want to effectively kill a persons second amendment rights you can. You can forbid someone who has gone their entire life without any brush with the law from keeping a 22 in a gun safe

But increasingly you cant avoid renting your basement apartment in your town house to guy who threatened o kill people, assaulted people, robbed people, say had a dozen arrests for violent crime, a couple of convictions and is out of jail from moving in to the basement apartment in your townhouse.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    IIRC, MD doesn't FULLY report to NICS (I don't recall all the details), and also refuses to hand over Point of Contact status to them.

From an August 2014 Washington Post Article about NICS reporting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0cc44c01e7f_story.html?utm_term=.75211826306b

Good to know there are so few nut cases in MD.:sarcasm:

Link to Everytown report on numbers of cases reported for each state:
    https://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Closing-The-Gaps-Appendix-Only.pdf

They don't actually want to take them away. they want to regulate them to the point where they can tax you to death for the right to own a disassembled firearm that your only allowed to keep in a gun safe and never remove.........

I seem to recall from last year that one of the older yoots from Bloodymore got his gat because MD didn't report his long criminal career to NICS.

But I'm sure he was the only one... :sarcasm:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They don't actually want to take them away. they want to regulate them to the point where they can tax you to death for the right to own a disassembled firearm that your only allowed to keep in a gun safe and never remove.........

There are more than a few that want all guns confiscated. Last fall there was a lot of "Let's at least consider doing what the have done in Australia" - i.e. gun confiscation.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Why are Democrats concerned with:
    Gun violence.
    School shootings.
    Firearms deaths.

Instead of:
    Violence.
    School murders.
    Preventable deaths.

Can anyone say PHOBIA?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We need to insist they trial run any new gun laws in Baltimore first to prove they work before they can be applied anywhere else.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    More like AGENDA.

Agreed an AGENDA and using the phobic sheep to further the agenda, even willing to sacrifice school children on the alter of "Gun Control" to feed the phobias in an attempt to achieve their progressive goals.:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom