• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    If the 2nd Circuit wouldn't uphold the 7 round limit in NY that gives me hope the 3rd Circuit won't uphold the 5 round limit.
    This just makes it more likely NJ will end up at SCOTUS to defend their insane laws.

Non sequitur, history question... What state's nonsense got gun manufactures to start even making 10rd mags? Or put spent casings in the box for MD's defunct nonsense database? Both seem to be pretty common options now days.

I still don't understand why gun and ammo manufactures don't just sack up, band together, and stop selling to states that pull this bull. I can't believe the market is really that small to where an "embargo" on these slave states would have that big of a bottom line impact. For every Glock not sold to the NJSP, I'd buy two. The pharma companies selling drugs used for lethal injections are already using similar tactics to make their point to a fair amount of success.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Non sequitur, history question... What state's nonsense got gun manufactures to start even making 10rd mags? Or put spent casings in the box for MD's defunct nonsense database? Both seem to be pretty common options now days.

I still don't understand why gun and ammo manufactures don't just sack up, band together, and stop selling to states that pull this bull. I can't believe the market is really that small to where an "embargo" on these slave states would have that big of a bottom line impact. For every Glock not sold to the NJSP, I'd buy two. The pharma companies selling drugs used for lethal injections are already using similar tactics to make their point to a fair amount of success.

The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives.

William B. Ruger

`

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...wner-dies-shot/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Effective 90 days from the enactment of the bill—February 1, 2018—the new law will also prohibit possession of bump stocks or trigger cranks, including possession in a private home. There are no exceptions to this prohibition for licensed firearm owners: an FID card, a License to Carry, or even a license to possess a machine gun will not authorize possession of a bump stock or a trigger crank.

Because the law does not allow for transfer or sale of these prohibited items, if you currently possess a bump stock or trigger crank within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you should contact your local police department or the Massachusetts State Police to get details about how to transfer custody of the prohibited item to the police for destruction. Retention of such a prohibited item beyond the 90 day grace period will expose the owner to criminal prosecution.

Attachments

• BB351B47-E446-480D-9422-00BBD612115B.jpg
      BB351B47-E446-480D-9422-00BBD612115B.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 165

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives.

William B. Ruger

Well thanks for that. Unfukkingbelieveable. 'Bout time I get a Glock then. I hear all the cool kids have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom