• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    I was not surprised when I saw this. Hope it’ll the sales for firearms goes back up. Not sure if there is some link that validates this piece. Any thoughts ? Found this piece on the metro express newspaper for today.
    c763bdfa94694091fb21fcaf42c3171c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I cannot speak for others but I know that I spent a good chunk of change purchasing firearms in 2016 because I was not sure if I would be able to buy them in 2017. I therefore did not purchase any last year.

Cal68

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The panic-buying has slowed and the market is normalizing. People are still buying guns and the market is still growing. Just not as fast as it was.

Is that what 3.5% sales decline indicate, a growing market?

Dec 8, 2017 - The company that owns gun maker Smith & Wesson got hammered by investors Friday after it revealed its earnings plunged 90 percent in the most recent quarter. ...

Ruger was down >55% 3Q of 2017

Naturally now we have Trump, less panic buying. Sales were hit last summer and haven't you noticed some handguns going for half what they did a couple years ago? That is not a sign of a growing market. Some nice quality 9mm offereings getting down to Hi-Point prices.

Smith & Wesson, June 2017 high, right edge today;

W6eeGtl.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cool ! Time to BUY S&W stock .

Seriously , the gun mfg biz is always cyclical. 3.5% is smaller than the usual swings . While the wholesale panic buying is done across the board , the gun sales beating the spread might well reflect a larger pie , swelled by relatively new gun owners modestly increasing their herds beyond their initial panic purchases . And the spread of permitless carry states may also be beating the spread on defensive handgun sales .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The Republicans had a fantastic opportunity to juice up the market if they'd pass the suppressor Bill. It's totally anecdotal, but last two times I've been at Dulles Gun show I'm hearing big vendors lament to each other of dying traffic in early afternoon hours. The shows new gun prices , look more to snag compulsive newer buyers and it's rare you see people on MDS buying new handguns or rifles at gun shows these days.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yeppers ...

The panic-buying has slowed and the market is normalizing. People are still buying guns and the market is still growing. Just not as fast as it was.
    Firearms stock market is picking back up, but way off the 2016 mark spurred on by fears of a Hildebeast presidency. :ohnoes:

RealMoney, Apr 08, 2016 -
    Vice Squad: 'Banner Year' Expected for Gun Stocks; Sturm Ruger Leads Charge

Ruger (RGR) has held up well since then, while S&W (AOBC) and Remington (VSTO) have some catching up to match 2016 levels. Gauging by today's market for those 3 gun maker's stocks, there is plenty of opportunity for investment. It's a good time to buy ... stock AND guns, as prices are low on both.

Attachments

• gun stocks.JPG
      gun stocks.JPG
      14.8 KB · Views: 212

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Firearms stock market is picking back up, but way off the 2016 mark spurred on by fears of a Hildebeast presidency. :ohnoes:

RealMoney, Apr 08, 2016 -
    Vice Squad: 'Banner Year' Expected for Gun Stocks; Sturm Ruger Leads Charge

Ruger (RGR) has held up well since then, while S&W (AOBC) and Remington (VSTO) have some catching up to match 2016 levels. Gauging by today's market for those 3 gun maker's stocks, there is plenty of opportunity for investment. It's a good time to buy ... stock AND guns, as prices are low on both.
    This.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    I was not surprised when I saw this. Hope it’ll the sales for firearms goes back up. Not sure if there is some link that validates this piece. Any thoughts ? Found this piece on the metro express newspaper for today.
    c763bdfa94694091fb21fcaf42c3171c.jpg

To my untrained eyes, 3.5% is hardly a noticeable change in any direction.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    a slight decline, given all the fear-buying with actual and possible democrat-controlled govt, is not unexpected.

the problem is, folks that own the 412 million firearms (using the number above, or whatever it is) need to get out and vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom