• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Our Range was closed today from noon to 1600 for LEO use.

As a recycling Hooligan, I checked the Range for brass as soon as it was open again. Only five 45ACP cases were left behind for reloading.

It appears that today's exercises were shotgun training events. These are the empty shotshell cases left behind for reloading:

Hooligan brass collection 22mar16.jpg

Any day at the Range is better than a day at work.....

4570inMD

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I was once able to (legally and with permission) pick brass from a local PD's range. Must've been AR practice day, probably got a case of 5.56. Plus a few spent 10mm rounds which had no place being there.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I had to laugh Gordon when I opened this thread, I was going to take the bike for a ride tomorrow and check the range, guess that's not happening now. :D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    4570, now that you've "retired" I foresee many weekday range brass pickup trips in your future.

Does that mean I can now "sleep in" on Hooligan shoot days rather than arrive at 0-Dark-Thirty with hopes of gathering free range brass before other Hooligans get out of bed?

:shrug:

:lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does that mean, if I went there and shot, my brass would probably not hit the deck? :)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My son and I can vouch that this is a true statement. The Holligans are like the dudes who run across the court in tennis matches to retrieve the tennis balls. They are mighty spry!

Yeah but we messed up with you, we should have eased into your brass cache so you wouldn't have bought all the damned reloading gear.:D

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    The range was closed for firearm qualifications for park rangers. I may have met on of you there around 4 pm. A nice gentleman said he replaces the rubber target backing when they get too shot up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom