• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Looking for pictures and suggestions I am finally going o do my PTR up right and make it into a nice DMR suggestions on
    1. check riser
    2. scope and claw mount
    3. trigger job or pack to buy

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Now you have my attention ;)
    1) I have the snap on cheek riser. RobertRTG and others sell. Works well and looks nice but not adj. Hard to use irons w it on. Magpul PRS2 or real PSG1 stock are only other options AFAIK.
    2) mine have rails so can't help you w a claw mount.
    3) I'm sending 2 packs to Williams. One for a set trigger and one for a regular trig job.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Now you have my attention ;)
    1) I have the snap on cheek riser. RobertRTG and others sell. Works well and looks nice but not adj. Hard to use irons w it on. Magpul PRS2 or real PSG1 stock are only other options AFAIK.
    2) mine have rails so can't help you w a claw mount.
    3) I'm sending 2 packs to Williams. One for a set trigger and one for a regular trig job.

whats that going to run you?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Trigger Packs will be between 165 to 200, PTR has railed forend (unless you find a B&T railed forend) will run 2-3, and the integral ring claw mount will be between 275 up to 400. If you can find the 4x scopes with the STANAG claw mount, that would work.

So you are looking to do something like this?

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The buttstock is a rare US Made Top Notch MSG90 knockoff. I removed the cheap G3 buffer and put in a 2 stage heavy buffer. Had to ream the hole to fit the buffer, but the recoil is now a shove versus a punch. Unfortunately, the PRS stocks don't allow installation of the heavy style buffers. HK Parts sells the buffers. As for the stocks, you may need to the route Smdub went.

Q

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    $65 + ship for regular trigger. Set trigger is $250-300
    http://www.williamstriggers.com/page3.html

Qbeam: The PRS stock can be modified for the heavy buffer. hreads on HKPro about it.

BT: you have a rifle already or building a new SBR? (edit: reread and see you said you have a PTR. you could get a rail welded on too.)

You can get the MFI railed claw mount for $125. Not as 'period correct' but way more versatile. I read they are very nice. Most of my rifles have welded top rails, so I didn't need. I may end up going w/ one of them on a SBR.
    http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Scope-Mount-For-HK91-G3-PTR-91-MFI-Low-Profile-118p2805.htm

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    $65 + ship for regular trigger. Set trigger is $250-300
    http://www.williamstriggers.com/page3.html

Qbeam: The PRS stock can be modified for the heavy buffer. hreads on HKPro about it.

BT: you have a rifle already or building a new SBR? (edit: reread and see you said you have a PTR. you could get a rail welded on too.)

You can get the MFI railed claw mount for $125. Not as 'period correct' but way more versatile. I read they are very nice. Most of my rifles have welded top rails, so I didn't need. I may end up going w/ one of them on a SBR.
    http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Scope-Mount-For-HK91-G3-PTR-91-MFI-Low-Profile-118p2805.htm

Thanks Dub, I'll check it out, any particular search words?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Just google "PRS2 heavy buffer". I think someone was selling them already converted too w/ the buffer but I may be imagining that.

I have a friend in VA who's built a PSG1 clone and trying to talk me into it. I have some pre-13 receivers and that may be a good use for one. But damn, its $2k minimum just to get close and more like $5k to use the exact stock, real BCG, and bolt assist.:crazy: I want to give his a try first;)

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The trigger pack, yes. The other items, not so much. If you scope it, you will need a cheek riser, so there are a few out there. I remember one from a company that has been around forever, http://www.elmfg.com/store/hk.html

Lots of first generation tacticool stuff, even barrel shrouds.....

Q

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    is this worth it? is the accuracy worth all the work and parts?

Don't know. An AR10 can be made more accurate for far less money. But like all HK stuff you have to pay to play.:lol2: For a serious HK fanboi I could see it being 'worth it'. To most sane people, no;)

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    looking for a new optic to put on it vertible power is a plus that I can change quick from 100 to 300 yards I might want to shoot 500 one day also

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Looking for pictures and suggestions I am finally going o do my PTR up right and make it into a nice DMR suggestions on
    1. check riser
    2. scope and claw mount
    3. trigger job or pack to buy

I had Investment Grade Firearms weld a rail on my PTR and do trigger work. Great guy to work with and incredible turnaround time.

The trigger is way better than it was when it started. It may not be what you would want for "precision" shooting but for a battle rifle, it's pretty damn good.

You just gave me the idea for a new project now. I like the PTR but it's a bit long for me. I may go the DMR route with it eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom