• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I may have a source if you feel like coming out to Frederick.
    My mechanic will save up from time to time and usually wants a box or two of ammo, 38 spl, in trade.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm not a fan of WW anymore. 20 years ago when it was 99% lead it was worth the time. Today there's not much lead and by the time do the processing it's practically not worth the effort. I buy my lead ingots local and get them off of ebay from time to time.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I get my wheel weights for free, they are most certainly worth your time IF you get your weights from a good source. You need to know what to look for. If you are paying for weights, you need to look at the weights, and see what seems to be the composition of the weights, and not over pay for it. If you see alot of zinc or steel weights in the bucket, then barter the price, and tell them why. If its all steel or zinc, then dont buy it.

Alot of the enviro weights are coming off factory built cars. New car dealers, can be hit or miss, as the manufacters use the enviro weights when the cars are built. That being said, most dealers (at least in the region I get my weights) will replace the factory weights with lead weights, which ends up in the scrap WW bucket, when it comes in the shop for a wheel balance.

But even the wheel weight buckets I get from the dealers, at least 75% of it is usable lead weights.

I literally have hundreds of pounds of rendered wheel weight lead in my stockpile - all which make FREE bullets, and is well worth it to me.

If you feel its too much work for you to sort and render, then maybe bullet casting is not for you. Then again buying already loaded ammo is no work either, so maybe reloading is not for you.

Or you could just try to reinvent the wheel and use small pistol primers in 223 rifle rounds :sad20:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I may have a source if you feel like coming out to Frederick.
    My mechanic will save up from time to time and usually wants a box or two of ammo, 38 spl, in trade.

I may be willing to come out to Frederick depending on what we are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom