• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    You're turning it the wrong way

hahaha dave your funny we know each other hes just trolling. im gonna pick some pb up before work so i just have some. Just gotta use some heat after that i did see that there was some type of metal that looked loose like it could be the thread from the slant break.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    well had to contact i.o. going to send it in to get warrenty work done the threades on the barrell are stripped prom whoever asembeld it sorry for the spelling. hopefully they will repair it but if not anybody know if i can rethread it or get a new barrell

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    new barrel's no problem, rethreading you'd probably have to turn it down and go 1/2x28. i'd be willing to bet they just replace the rifle for you.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    yeah i just hope they give me smething back thats good. the rifle is fine i have no complaints at all except for when i found the stripped thred

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    But i guess worse case scenario they just send my rifle back and say theres nothing there gonna do for me then i guess i would have to take it to a shope the 1/2x28 which is the ar threadding correct or find a new chrome lined polish ak barrel

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Cross-threading would definitely be easier and cheaper unless you were committed to a LH AK brake. As Ferret said, rebarreling is not brain surgery but it's more expensive (parts plus labor).

Let us know what IO offers to do. If the threads weren't completely buggered they may just chase them and send it back.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    any standard AKM barrel will work. polish, romanian, US-made, etc.

of the choices, i'd go at least romanian but if you can't find one for a reasonable price, us-made will getcha where you want to be.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Are you sure it's stripped? Sometimes AK parts can be tight, especially wooden handguards. Also when moving the front sight it is possible to break the sight adjustment tool before the sight moves, DOH!

Make sure you're compressing the plunger enough so it's not hitting your brake. Also why not wrap a rag around the brake while torquing w/ a pair of channel locks? And if you're looking to take it off and swap for a different brake then don't even bother with the rag since it won't matter if it gets scratched.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    i.o. offers the limited lifetime warrenty ive talked to some people who have had to heard mostly good things. im just going to be sad withiout my fifle from between 2 weeks to 4
    :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom