• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Sooooo I want to upgrade triggers in my AR builds.... I came across this on YouTube and actually had a buddy of mine tell me they are amazing and a lot of fun. I have yet to hang out with said buddy( currently deployed) but when he gets back I’ll be the first person he calls for a range day.

Fellow MD shooters, do y’all have one? Worth getting? What’s the whole headache about ATF trying to shut this man down? I want to put this into my custom milled lower... thoughts? Thanks in advance and sorry of this has been mentioned earlier. I’m new to the forum.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-130725_DuckDuckGo.jpg
      Screenshot_20210930-130725_DuckDuckGo.jpg
      31.6 KB · Views: 475

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Greetings fellow firearms enthusiast . . .

I think that if the trigger had a normal mode and then the forced reset only mode for the third position, I would be a lot more interested in it. Because trigger slap 100% of the time would probably be annoying. I don’t think I would buy one, but I’m glad that Rare Breed made the trigger, because it is definitely triggering the AFT. I was glad to find out that Rare Breed is suing the piss out of the government. In a just world, the threats and intimidation present in the AFT Cease and Desist letter alone should allow them to press charges against the agent in charge of their “investigation.”

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Sooooo I want to upgrade triggers in my AR builds.... I came across this on YouTube and actually had a buddy of mine tell me they are amazing and a lot of fun. I have yet to hang out with said buddy( currently deployed) but when he gets back I’ll be the first person he calls for a range day.

Fellow MD shooters, do y’all have one? Worth getting? What’s the whole headache about ATF trying to shut this man down? I want to put this into my custom milled lower... thoughts? Thanks in advance and sorry of this has been mentioned earlier. I’m new to the forum.

There was a discussion about them in the water cooler that is only visible once you reach 50 posts.

The issue about whether they are legal comes down to how "function of the trigger" is defined. Rare breed believes it means movement of the trigger and that there is a separate function every time the trigger moves back and forth.

The government has a different interpretation. You do not need to let off the trigger to fire more than one round, so the government believes it should be considered a machine gun.

This issue is currently in litigation in the US Middle District of Florida Court. I believe the government will ultimately prevail, although they don't seem to have presented the best case they can so far.

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Sounds iffy to me. I tend to stay away from things that are a gray area as far as the law is concerned. I always err on the side of the law and caution. To me this is just stupid why does anyone really need to shoot that fast anyway?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Not to start an arguement but need vs what difference does it make? Left has been whitling away at our rights forever. Is it practical? Not really, do you "need" it? Also not really. Is it fun? Sure is!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sounds iffy to me. I tend to stay away from things that are a gray area as far as the law is concerned. I always err on the side of the law and caution. To me this is just stupid why does anyone really need to shoot that fast anyway?
    The American system of law was founded on the principle that the government would be required to explicitly state what is illegal, and all else should be presumed legal. The issue at hand is that the ATF in particular feels entitled to rewrite policy when it suits them, regardless of inconsistencies with past policy. This needs to be fought tooth and nail, and I applaud Rare Breed for doing so, even if their trigger is dumb. It is thinking like this that will allow ATF to continue to ban whatever the current administration wants banned, which turns law abiding citizens into felons without legislative branch changes to current legal code. The ATF is not the legislative branch. They should not be using the limited leeway they were intended to be granted when interpreting laws to make new ones or rewrite old ones. Bump stocks gone, no big deal, who cares. Now ATF is making up new regulations for centerfire rifle caliber pistols, wants to redefine firearm receivers to make firearm components as painful as possible to purchase, and is going after some dumb forced reset trigger.

And people shoot fast because they want to. Need has nothing to do with it.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

I think that if the trigger had a normal mode and then the forced reset only mode for the third position, I would be a lot more interested in it. Because trigger slap 100% of the time would probably be annoying. I don’t think I would buy one, but I’m glad that Rare Breed made the trigger, because it is definitely triggering the AFT. I was glad to find out that Rare Breed is suing the piss out of the government. In a just world, the threats and intimidation present in the AFT Cease and Desist letter alone should allow them to press charges against the agent in charge of their “investigation.”

I might get a binary for one of my ARs if I didn't live in MD just to make the "third position" interesting/useful.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    There was a discussion about them in the water cooler that is only visible once you reach 50 posts.

The issue about whether they are legal comes down to how "function of the trigger" is defined. Rare breed believes it means movement of the trigger and that there is a separate function every time the trigger moves back and forth.

The government has a different interpretation. You do not need to let off the trigger to fire more than one round, so the government believes it should be considered a machine gun.

This issue is currently in litigation in the US Middle District of Florida Court. I believe the government will ultimately prevail, although they don't seem to have presented the best case they can so far.

Thanks! I’m trying to get to 50 so I can view more content on this site... not like the other jack hats that want to bash the new guy for trying to see what the community in my home state has. Y’all know darn well I can’t see much being a new member...Y’all’s post counts are ridiculous high....bored much?

Why the hell does everyone assume someone’s an ATF agent? Y’all must love seeing your post count go up for senseless comments....

thanks @ jcutonilli for the honest feedback and help. I think the trigger is legit and there are three other more companies that sorta copied the design and function. Must be worth looking into? Like I previously said I wanted to see who had one and had any experience with it since I wanted to get one in my new build. I’m not worried about the legality, by definition the trigger doesn’t shoot twice when you pull once. Not like a fully auto trigger

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo

What make you feel iffy? Just because the legal drama? What if I said the other brands that offer pretty much the same thing? I’m just trying to learn about the hype and the practicality. A few people in my shooting circle have them and really enjoy the smiles. I just want neutral feedback that’s not biased

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Not to start an arguement but need vs what difference does it make? Left has been whitling away at our rights forever. Is it practical? Not really, do you "need" it? Also not really. Is it fun? Sure is!

Oh no sir, not trying to argue either. Just want to educate myself. That’s it. It’s not practical in terms of price and potential legality but it’s simply another “trigger” I wanted to learn about in the AR game.

Nothing we do in this hobby seems practical but we do what we want because of fun, smiles, good times and MF’in freedom in 2A America

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo

As soon as my buddy get back from deployment I’ll share my thoughts on it. I can’t wait to try it. It seems like the slap would suck too. I’ve seen a few pewtubers mention the same. I guess it might awhile to get used to?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    One of them is definitely illegal under Maryland Law , the other is a question mark , without yet Case Law , or directive from MSP LD .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You should be honored .

Usually when first posts start with legally sketchy questions , it's MSP or MDA .

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    What’s the difference between binary and the forced reset trigger concept?

Binary fires one round on the pull and one on the release of the trigger. Forced reset makes you as close to Jerry Miculek as possible.
    The argument with Rare Breed , WOT and Graves is that you only get one round per trigger pull. If you start regulating how fast you can make a follow up shot that's a slippery slope. When you have a moment watch the video of Uncle Jerry out running a bump stock gun with one of his " competition rigs ".

To answer the question of usefulness no it isn't is it damn fun, sure is. Get one if you want just know that you'll have to keep up with what's going on in the courts. I personally took mine out of the gun I had mine in just because I can't nor do I want to risk a felony charge overnight.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Binary fires one round on the pull and one on the release of the trigger. Forced reset makes you as close to Jerry Miculek as possible.
    The argument with Rare Breed , WOT and Graves is that you only get one round per trigger pull. If you start regulating how fast you can make a follow up shot that's a slippery slope. When you have a moment watch the video of Uncle Jerry out running a bump stock gun with one of his " competition rigs ".

To answer the question of usefulness no it isn't is it damn fun, sure is. Get one if you want just know that you'll have to keep up with what's going on in the courts. I personally took mine out of the gun I had mine in just because I can't nor do I want to risk a felony charge overnight.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I also don’t want any felony charges. I like my freedom too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom