• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    If so how do you like it etc.

looking to buy an ak but have about $700.

Trying to find some good options in my price range which I know wont get me higher end rifles.

other suggestions would be great to I have a polish model 60 so im not completely new to the platform.

thanks for any input.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    If so how do you like it etc.

looking to buy an ak but have about $700.

Trying to find some good options in my price range which I know wont get me higher end rifles.

other suggestions would be great to I have a polish model 60 so im not completely new to the platform.

thanks for any input.

I'm about to pull the trigger on one. Here are some threads:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=124714

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=119938&highlight=m10

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, the M10 is the best value under $1000 short of a used Arsenal. Make sure you get a newer gen 2 one (ie, not one with a Tapco FH).

The other viable choice in your price range is a Yugo O-PAP. Probably the better rifle, but no chrome-lined barrel, and incompatibility with standard AK furniture.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'll be shooting mine tomorrow. Bought when that 2nd MDS thread you linked alerted me to them. The sight and gas block appear straight. Joe @ Sureshot took a good look at them too when I filled out the paperwork.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Awesome thanks alot guys I will be purchasing one.

I have never bout a firearm off the Internet before so im guessing it will just ask me to fill in the ffl info and I will be good to go?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    kinda. If they don't have your FFL's license on file already, you'll have to contact your FFL and have them send it. (or give the web dealer the FFL contact info so they can get it from them directly.)

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Great idea! Just ordered one from KY Gun Co to be transferred via Bart's. Came to $620 by the time you add the gun, 3% CC fee, and $7.50 shipping insurance. It's my first AK too, but I think I'll have to add an Arsenal prior to Oct. 1!

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Great idea! Just ordered one from KY Gun Co to be transferred via Bart's. Came to $620 by the time you add the gun, 3% CC fee, and $7.50 shipping insurance. It's my first AK too, but I think I'll have to add an Arsenal prior to Oct. 1!

How long from order till it showed at barts.. and how long before the money came out of your account?

I ordered mine about 10 hours ago.. and i am allready getting anxious

Mine will clear paperwork on Thursday of next week. Safety/ dust cover on mine rubs the upper cover but its nothing that can't be fixed with a little massaging. It's my first AK so I don't know what else to expect but it doesn't appear to have the typical issues Romanian rifles seem to have.

ordered from KYGunco and it was arrived at my FFL in about 6 days.

JADCecil

May 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Mine was received at the FFL within a week or so from what I recall. KYGunco was easy to deal with in my experience; they answered my questions regarding FFL license being received within 24 hours.

Rifle is great. I have about 100 rounds through it, and no problems after initial cleaning and removing cosmoline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom