• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    djleepanda's current classified ad
    http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=14357

What's even worse is that you clearly state in the ad that you're out to make money. Here's a qoute "If I didn't want to make money I wouldn't be selling these.". And doing that off of fellow forum members is pretty ridiculous.

It's no suprise to me but djleepanda has removed the above qouted text from his ad and reworded much of the rest. For someone who professed to doing nothing wrong he's back tracking pretty fast. Now he just needs to work on his price which is $160 over market value.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    It's no suprise to me but djleepanda has removed the above qouted text from his ad and reworded much of the rest. For someone who professed to doing nothing wrong he's back tracking pretty fast. Now he just needs to work on his price which is $160 over market value.

160 over market value? tell me again why its ok for gun shops vs private sales that match and beat their prices? you are so butt hurt over all this! I love it!. BTW You are black listed from any karma posts from me :).

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    160 over market value? tell me again why its ok for gun shops vs private sales that match and beat their prices? you are so butt hurt over all this! I love it!. You are black listed from any karma posts from me :).

Match their prices? You're kidding me right? The highest I've seen at shops was around .68c a round. And that was for M855 and over a month ago. Not the plinking .223 youre selling. Hell, I just got some XM193 for less then .50c a round delivered on Monday. I think your idea on what current prices are might be a little off.

And I take no offense to any of this. It's not personal to me. I just want others not to be fooled into thinking your deal is even a remotely good one. Because its not. In fact, its the worst deal I currently know of. If you haven't noticed deals are popping up on here everyday for .30c to .60 a round. If you're at .75c a round you're clearly overpriced. How you don't see that amazes me.

Oh, and do you mind me asking why you reworded your ad? If you practice what you preach I'd think you'd stand up for what you originally wrote. But then again, not everyone has a backbone.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Match their prices? You're kidding me right? The highest I've seen at shops was around .68c a round. And that was for M855 and over a month ago. Not the plinking .223 youre selling. Hell, I just got some XM193 for less then .50c a round delivered on Monday. I think your idea on what current prices are might be a little off.

And I take no offense to any of this. It's not personal to me. I just want others not to be fooled into thinking your deal is even a remotely good one. Because its not. In fact, its the worst deal I currently know of. If you haven't noticed deals are popping up on here everyday for .30c to .60 a round. If you're at .75c a round you're clearly overpriced. How you don't see that amazes me.

Oh, and do you mind me asking why you reworded your ad? If you practice what you preach I'd think you'd stand up for what you originally wrote. But then again, not everyone has a backbone.

Because I don't have to explain my price adjustments and please share to the community where you can find .30 cent ammo. You are full of S***!

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Because I don't have to explain my price adjustments and please share to the community where you can find .30 cent ammo. You are full of S***!

Natchez just had Tula .223 for $4.99 per 20 round box this week. The deal was posted in this forum. Obviously you didn't see it or we'd be seeing it in the classifieds for .60c a round. After shipping it was about .30c per round. Now, who did you say was full of it?

Here's a link to the Tula post:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=116391

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Cabelas just had Tula .223 for $4.99 per 20 round box this week. The deal was posted in this forum. Obviously you didn't see it or we'd be seeing it in the classifieds for .60c a round. After shipping it was about .30c per round. Now, who did you say was full of it?

Sorry I don't buy corrosive/non-brass eastern-euro trash ammo for my rifles or recommend anyone using them. How can you even compare tula with american eagle? also, pre newtown prices/ratio for tula vs other brands have always been 2-3 to 1 so in another words if tula is going for .30 cents per round other rounds are going at .60+. What are you smoking? How long have you been shooting?

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Also, pre newtown prices for Tula were way below .30 per round. in another words people paid post Newtown prices for tula and its quality is no where near other brands.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD

Hell I picked up 1100rds of federal .223 100rd packs for $0.33 a round and 480rds of tula .223 for $0.24/rd over the course of last week when I was out near Pittsburgh for business. 9 people that went with me don't shoot .223 or shoot at all. They covered the cost and I paid them back when we came back. Its out there just gotta look for it.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Sorry I don't buy corrosive/non-brass eastern-euro trash ammo for my rifles or recommend anyone using them. How can you even compare tula with american eagle? also, pre newtown prices/ratio for tula vs other brands have always been 2-3 to 1 so in another words if tula is going for .30 cents per round other rounds are going at .60+. What are you smoking? How long have you been shooting?

Tula is non-corosive. Says so right on the box. You might want to look into more of those community college classes you suggested earlier. A Reading Comprehension course might help you out.

I didnt compare Tula to American Eagle. You said I was full of sh*t and that no .30c per round ammo was available. I simply pointed out that you were WRONG, again. Proof of this is the numerous posts by others who have said the same thing, and not just about Tula.

I smoke Marlboro's.

Ive been shooting and reloading for years.

And lastly, its very apparent that youre grasping at straws. You do realize theres a point where youd be better off admitting you were wrong. BUT, that doesnt seem like the kind of guy you are. So Im not suprised.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Well I have 25,000+ rounds of assorted 5.56 and .223 in storage and I am selling them for my price. End of the story and if people have a problem with that, so be it. For all I care I can sell em for a dollar a piece and people would still buy them :). Time to make some money in Chantilly this weekend.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Well I have 25,000+ rounds of assorted 5.56 and .223 in storage and I am selling them for my price. End of the story and if people have a problem with that, so be it. For all I care I can sell em for a dollar a piece and people would still buy them :). Time to make some money in Chantilly this weekend.

Way to bow out gracefully, lol. :rolleyes:

And btw, if you havent noticed, nobody is buying your .75c per round ad in the classifieds. So what was that again about people buying it at those prices?

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Way to bow out gracefully, lol. :rolleyes:

And btw, if you havent noticed nobody is buying your .75c per round ad in the classifieds. So what was that again about people buying it at those prices?

Actually 500 is sold already and I am working out the other 500 to trade for 9mm ammo. Thanks for your concern.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Actually 500 is sold already and I am working out the other 500 to trade for 9mm ammo. Thanks for your concern.

Dont forget to pay the IRS its owed taxes on your sales. Youve made a side business out of it so it is considered income you know. They might come knockin. :D
    It wouldnt be hard for them to find out who is the President and founder of UMBC Rifle & Pistol Club. Just sayin.... :innocent0

Maybe with any money left over after taxes you could take a debate course at the community college you speak so highly of. You could use some practice. And feel free to keep digging that hole deeper and deeper. Youre the one who would have to climb out of it.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/#performance good luck on your new barrels.

You are a POS for threatening me on this forum to call the IRS. For your infor I am square with the house and with the taxman. Do what you do, you are a sorry individual.

You do realize that with the amount of money saved on buying steel vs. brass ammo you can just buy a new barrel (or maybe even 2) with the savings and still end up paying less over time even with the barrel change.

A qoute from the article YOU posted:
    "The difference in price between brass and steel cased (more specifically, copper jacketed and bimetal jacketed) ammunition means that you’ll have plenty of savings with which to buy new barrels – even if you shoot so fast that you replace them every 4,000 rounds. For this chart, brass ammunition was calculated at $130 per thousand higher than steel and replacement barrels at $250 apiece."

Again, you might wanna look into those math courses.

And no one is advocating using only steel cased ammo. Ive never shot any through my AR's. BUT, saying you'd end up screwed if you did is an amateur statement.

Keep digging that hole you like so much.

And where did I threaten to call the IRS? I simply made an observation.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The drama in this thread is my tasty cupcake for the day. NOM NOM NOM.

As for gouging people on the forum, it's a dick move and it's not going to get you too many friends, no matter how justified you think it is. That goes double if it's obviously stuff you just bought from Walmart or MDS and are flipping. No one likes a flipper.

Also, I bought a case of M193 for 30c a round shipped back when Tula was going for 19c-20c a round. So let's not over-inflate what the normal pricing difference is.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Free Market Economy

It's a free market economy boys.

I don't understand why everyone is getting angry about this. Gun dealers make a profit, why can't an individual?

If you don't want to pay the higher price, no one is forcing you.

This is basically what was happening in NYC after Sandy -- guys with fuel were willing to sell it at an increased price. I see nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom