• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    towson
    Looking to but a range bag/backpack.. anyone have some recommendation? pictures? i will mainly used it for my handgun but might used it for others (shotgun, ar15, 10/22) i know that the bag might be too small for my larger rifles. but something i can used for everything

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    The Midway USA bag seems pretty popular.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

259680.jpg

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Maxpedition make a nice range bag too, but it's hard to beat the Midway bag for price and value, esp. if you catch it on sale.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I use a nondescript black duffel bag. Doesn't have anything to indicate what it contains. The flaming camo tacti-cool look can draw the wrong kind of attention.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    This is what I use. It was not cheap ($72.00) but I can hold 3 pistols and everything I need for the range (up to 12 mags, ear/eye protection, a couple of 50 rd boxes and more). I got it at http://acecase.com/pro-shooters-range-bag-nylon.html . I almost purchased the one from Midway but the most recent reviews I read (at the time) complained about poor quality and being made in China.

Attachments

• Proshooters-Bags-Black.jpg
      Proshooters-Bags-Black.jpg
      17 KB · Views: 397

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I like the Ishot gun rugs and an ALICE pack to haul my handguns around around.

Long guns I use soft cases or Plano hard cases depending on what it is Iam hauling to the range.

I saw these on another site, I may give them a try. It could be useful for people in neighborhoods where the houses are close and you don't want people to know what you are carrying to the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-06049-GateMouth-Long/dp/product-description/B00002243U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0GH2ZNT8K99FJ2H4YWKX

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Husky bag from Home Depot. Good size, sturdy as heck, lits of pockets and loops inside.

Not sure this is the exact model I have, but it's close.

Attachments

• fc659208-4d2b-4924-a7e2-01cd5aa52cc1_300.jpg
      fc659208-4d2b-4924-a7e2-01cd5aa52cc1_300.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 364

Danketch71

Mar 28, 2009
    THe city that bleeds
    I second the Midway USA range bag. I have the compact one, about $30 I think. Fits my guns and a lot of ammo inside (at leat 10 box .45, 5 box .223) and holds most of my double stack Glock mags on the outside (6, plus maybe 3 or so of .223, have to check to be sure)

Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    I have that Husky bag from Home Depot. It is tough and holds a lot of stuff. But I am constantly changing around the contents. It seems no one range bag can hold all you need for every occasion.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Husky bag from Home Depot. Good size, sturdy as heck, lits of pockets and loops inside.

Not sure this is the exact model I have, but it's close.

The only possible issue is does this bag qualify as "an enclosed case or holster" for transport purposes under the transportation statute MD 4-203?

Not a criticism just a question.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The only possible issue is does this (Husky tool) bag qualify as "an enclosed case or holster" for transport purposes under the transportation statute MD 4-203?

Not a criticism just a question.

Sure. Why not? It's enclosed and it's a case. And the handguns are usually in another case inside it.

Transportation to the range doesn't require a locked Pelican case.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I use a "Spartan" bag from POK that I bought through USN. Great bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom