• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Anyone in or around Baltimore County an avid golfer? I've been really getting into it the last couple of years and wondered how many other gun-enthusiast golfers we have out there.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone in or around Baltimore County an avid golfer? I've been really getting into it the last couple of years and wondered how many other gun-enthusiast golfers we have out there.

I've been playing with my nephew, this is only my second year though, so I pretty much blow.

Shot a 102 yesterday, embarrassingly, it was an okay day for me.

If you ever make it up north, Chesapeake Club (Chantilly Manor) in Rising Sun is my "home" course. It's UNREAL how well it's kept, greens are like walking on carpet. We pay $29.00 for weeknights (around 5PM), can't beat it, with 2 or 3 it's easy to fit in 18. Usually play there every other Wednesday, and other local places every weekend one day.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Used to work at Hampshire greens and played 9 for free at least twice a week. Used to be an 80s golfer, 90s now. Love the sport, really love the cart girls :)

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    I pretty much blow. Shot a 102 yesterday, embarrassingly, it was an okay day for me.

About what I do on an average day. So I feel your pain there.

Used to work at Hampshire greens and played 9 for free at least twice a week. Used to be an 80s golfer, 90s now. Love the sport, really love the cart girls :)

I'd love to get some free course time. My game definitely could use the work in real situations instead of just the driving range.

Would anyone be interested in an MDS meet up/tee-time one weekend?

Mr H

Banana'd

I was once a very avid golfer, but have really let it slide the past few years.

But, I really want to get back to it, times and funds permitting.

Used to play evenings at the [former] Longview course, but haven't teed up there since the redesign. Also played Eisenhower quite a bit, but have always been willing to travel a little and try new courses.

I seriously doubt I'll be in a position to get out before July, but after that, I'm interested.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've been playing with my nephew, this is only my second year though, so I pretty much blow.

Shot a 102 yesterday, embarrassingly, it was an okay day for me.

If you ever make it up north, Chesapeake Club (Chantilly Manor) in Rising Sun is my "home" course. It's UNREAL how well it's kept, greens are like walking on carpet. We pay $29.00 for weeknights (around 5PM), can't beat it, with 2 or 3 it's easy to fit in 18. Usually play there every other Wednesday, and other local places every weekend one day.

I'm sure I'd score around there these days... Sad, really, considering I was once an improving 14 index (then hurt both wrists in consecutive years!!)

I like both Chesapeake courses... but the guys I used to play there with have all gone their separate ways.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I used to pay, it's been about 3 years. With work, side work, bass fishing and shooting I just can't find the time much less have the desire to get pissed at myself out on beautiful grass fields.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I used to golf a freaking ton and then I bought a gun, and then another gun, and another gun, and... now I don't golf as much as I used to. Usually shoot mid to low 80s. Broke 80 once last year. Have my name on a nifty plaque at Diamond Ridge for a spectacular shot I hit in 2007. Might play next weekend.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I used to pay, it's been about 3 years. With work, side work, bass fishing and shooting I just can't find the time much less have the desire to get pissed at myself out on beautiful grass fields.

Dude, we gotta talk!

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Love golf, usually play MoCo courses but also play others in VA and MD. Played Goose Creek in leesburg on Sunday.

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    I typically play Baltimore county and city courses. But I have ventured out as far as PA to get a change of scenery once before.

Actually playing Pine Ridge tomorrow. Decided I wanted to take a half day of work :)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I typically play Baltimore county and city courses. But I have ventured out as far as PA to get a change of scenery once before.

Actually playing Pine Ridge tomorrow. Decided I wanted to take a half day of work :)

PA has some nice courses, but the scenery up there is all the same. Out of the nearby courses in PA I recommend Tanglewood, The Bridges, and Springwood (now owned by Heritage Hills). Around here I play mostly Rocky Point and Greystone. I don't play the city courses anymore. I like Patriots Glen up in Elkton too, but I don't get there often.

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    PA has some nice courses, but the scenery up there is all the same. Out of the nearby courses in PA I recommend Tanglewood, The Bridges, and Springwood (now owned by Heritage Hills). Around here I play mostly Rocky Point and Greystone. I don't play the city courses anymore. I like Patriots Glen up in Elkton too, but I don't get there often.

I think i've played Heritage Hills. Off the queenstreet exit of 83? Rocky Point is one of my buddy's favorite courses to play. Just had my worst day of golf since my first time out up at Greystone last weekend :tdown:

The new fox hollow (longview) is one of my favorite course. Hunt Valley Country Club was a very nice course that I got the privilege of playing on at a discounted rate ($90):rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom