• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm too lazy to even try to count what's in my barn. It's a big list but I gladly concede to metalman3006 and old friend MilsurpDan. They definitely got me beat!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not to toot my own horn, but I’ve got 61. See post #39. I didn’t have it listed in my original post but I’ve since added 5.45 into the mix.

Lol, apologies. Was blinded by the MetalMan list and then his two additions. Poor guy now can justify to his wife that he's not bad, just look at MilsurpDan. ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Lol, apologies. Was blinded by the MetalMan list and then his two additions. Poor guy now can justify to his wife that he's not bad, just look at MilsurpDan. ;)

After I filled my safes my wife said I could not get another safe and I had to stop buying after I filled up my gun "closet"(small walk in closet)
    She did not realize I could just stack them Up. Kinda like this. ;-) So she has no one to blame but herself.

Attachments

• k98 stacked.jpg
      k98 stacked.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 99

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    After I filled my safes my wife said I could not get another safe and I had to stop buying after I filled up my gun "closet"(small walk in closet)
    She did not realize I could just stack them Up. Kinda like this. ;-) So she has no one to blame but herself.
    I guess you got to be careful of which rifles are placed in the bottom middle of the pile should you want to shoot them later or be a master Jenga player. But I appreciate the work around to increase the collection size. :)

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I guess you got to be careful of which rifles are placed in the bottom middle of the pile should you want to shoot them later or be a master Jenga player. But I appreciate the work around to increase the collection size. :)

Thats the problem, I have a dozen or so mosins and arisakas I want to sell and I have to dig them out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You win. It's great to have people like you here. Every time I feel like I have too many firearms, I read a post like this and don't feel bad about planning another purchase. ;)

And that is what gets me in trouble. My one neighbor probably has 80-100 guns if I were to guess and I am sure I am likely lowballing it by 20 or 30. No idea on the calibers, but I’d bet at least 30.

It makes my rapidly growing collection of I think 18 guns and 16 calibers/gauges seem piddly. And then I go out and buy another gun. And another. And another. Eventually it starts adding up to a lot of guns.

Hell just over a year ago I owned 7 guns.

I really am cooling my jets. There are currently no guns I am actively looking for. A revolver in .38sp or .357 might be the only exception. But even then it would have to be “the right gun” for me to really want to buy it. My collection has finally gotten to the point where I realize how hard it is to go out and shoot everything often. If I go once a month and take two guns, I barely shoot most stuff more than once a year. Even at my current average of every 3 weeks to the range and 3 guns per trip that still means I might shoot most stuff 3 times. Maybe 4 or 5 times for my most heavily used guns like my G17 and my AR-15 (well, if you figure either 16” or 20” upper on it as the same use).

I have plenty more on my list of stuff I want to own, but my safe has room for maybe 3-4 more long guns before needing to resort to rifle rods. No way my wife will allow me to get another safe any year soon. I can probably pack in 8-10 more handguns if I get mildly creative.

So I am basically done with collecting stuff because it is available and/or cheap. Basically just bucket list guns, especially long guns, for the next few years. Maybe when my kids are older and out on their own when I have more time to go shooting and more ability to get expanded secure storage I’ll look to get guns just because I can or a I take a mile shine to something.

Until then I’ll be looking for things like a nice ‘03A3 once I have the money, finish my AR10 build, a good .223 bolt gun, a victory revolver in 38sp. Those are the things to come to mind as top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom