• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    If it exists.

I was told today it was LAW that a retail establishment cannot return firearms or ammo even if they had not been fired or opened. I can't find the law, does it exist?

And...........GO!

TD

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Do you mean a person cannot return firearms or ammunition to a retailer or that a retailer cannot return firearms or ammunition to a distributor or manufacturer?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I mean a person buys a box of ammo from a retail store, realizes it's the wrong ammo, next day they go to the retailer to return the unopened box. I was told due to LAW that can't happen. (I suspect it's store policy)

Same senecio but with a shotgun, not fired but brought back the next day. Again, is it LAW it cannot be returned?

I called BS on the person but wanted to submit this to the collective wisdom of the forum.

TD

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If it exists.

I was told today it was LAW that a retail establishment cannot return firearms or ammo even if they had not been fired or opened. I can't find the law, does it exist?

And...........GO!

TD

No such law state (in Maryland) or federal.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No such LAW . Each dealer / mfg / distributor / etc may have their POLICY which * should * be clearly stated.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    PPSI.... I like it! Pretty high on the scale btw.

Just another one of the "I heard from" lies to be debunked at a later date. Maryland is bad enough with its common sense, we don't need fantasy from the "experts" clouding the water.

TD

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    PPSI.... I like it! Pretty high on the scale btw.

Just another one of the "I heard from" lies to be debunked at a later date. Maryland is bad enough with its common sense, we don't need fantasy from the "experts" clouding the water.

TD

If we may ask, where did you hear the above nonsense???

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The ONLY place I've ever heard of this is at Walmart. I was there a few years ago and bought about 10 boxes of ammo. All the same caliber and was suppose to be the same weight bullets. Somehow the salesman got a different box in with the sale. I went to the customer service desk and I was told under no circumstances could they allow me to return the ammo. It took me about 20 minutes and 3 different mangers, but I returned ALL of the ammo and got cash back.

I believe that was the last time I bought ammo from any Walmart.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I mean a person buys a box of ammo from a retail store, realizes it's the wrong ammo, next day they go to the retailer to return the unopened box. I was told due to LAW that can't happen. (I suspect it's store policy)

Same senecio but with a shotgun, not fired but brought back the next day. Again, is it LAW it cannot be returned?

I called BS on the person but wanted to submit this to the collective wisdom of the forum.

TD

Pretty sure neither is a law since I've done both.

Purchased a $1000 new rifle from lgs and found out I could get it at several other places for $700. I took it back, explaining that I like them, wanted to give them the business, and didn't mind paying a little more, but $300 was a bit excessive. They said they couldn't match the price, and although against store policy, since I was a good customer, they would refund my money after making sure the rifle hadn't been fired.

Ammo was an internet sale and they sent me something different than advertised (magnetic vs non magnetic 223). Most places won't accept returns for ammo since it can easily be tampered with but they took it back since they it was their mistake.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I bought 10 boxes of Federal slugs from the Walmart in Dover once and returned them 5 minutes later and got my money back, after having to go through a couple of managers, as the slugs turned out to be foster type, not to be the sabot slugs that I had asked for.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought 6 100 round value packs of Fed. number 8 from Walmart. Didn't notice till I got them home that one 25 round box had a bunch of loose pellets inside the box. Walmart wouldn't take them back.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    This is typical for a society that reveres big government. It isn't enough to say it is store policy, people feel that the government and its bloated regulations are near scriptural justification for anything. In reality, in a free market economy, where the consumer rules, companies get to decide if they will try to attract customers with policies that favor them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom