• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's been a little dull here for the last few weeks, so I figured I'd post these.

I picked up another K31 that was just imported from Switzerland within the last couple weeks. I've been trying to find a nice K31 with a Walnut stock and matching bayonet for some time and now I finally have one! This one was made in 1941. The most interesting part of it, is that it has a two piece spliced Walnut stock, or as some call it, the "pool cue" style stock. I've never seen one from 1941, as I thought they were made starting in late 1942. The tag is marked for Edmund Meier, who appears to have been a Fusilier. I still haven't deciphered the rest of it. Can't beat the small import mark either.

I also picked up a Swiss made W-F Diopter Sight set to put on my main shooter K31 that I got within the last few months after I sold my old K31. This K31 was made in 1942. The bore on it is impeccable according to my custom made bore gauge, which is why I decided to put the Diopter on it. It should shoot even better.

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpg
      IMG_4300.jpg
      125.1 KB · Views: 519
    • IMG_4249.jpg
      IMG_4249.jpg
      126.3 KB · Views: 495
    • IMG_4269.jpg
      IMG_4269.jpg
      104.8 KB · Views: 498
    • IMG_4290.jpg
      IMG_4290.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 494
    • IMG_4382.jpg
      IMG_4382.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 508
    • IMG_4301.jpg
      IMG_4301.jpg
      128 KB · Views: 490
    • IMG_4338.jpg
      IMG_4338.jpg
      125.8 KB · Views: 495
    • IMG_4331.jpg
      IMG_4331.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 500
    • IMG_4373.jpg
      IMG_4373.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 498
    • IMG_4381.jpg
      IMG_4381.jpg
      62.8 KB · Views: 492

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I picked up this 1911 back in November after it was imported. It also has a matching bayonet and a soldier's tag. The tag is for a Mr. Wilhelm Rudin, who was in a reserve battalion. The rifle is stamped "P-63", so Mr. Rudin had been using it for quite a while before he took it home with him. I forgot to take a picture of the tag, so I'll probably add one later.

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpg
      IMG_3472.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 478
    • IMG_3510.jpg
      IMG_3510.jpg
      125.1 KB · Views: 479

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    So I see Margie got her shipment of Swiss stuff in. Very sweet! The Swiss bore gage is very rare, never seen one before. Watching Margie's auction of the Star MB with shoulder stock. Stupid rare in the US. And the tiger striped K11 is total eye candy. Andrew is still finding gems, glad they're making their way to the US!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    So I see Margie got her shipment of Swiss stuff in. Very sweet! The Swiss bore gage is very rare, never seen one before. Watching Margie's auction of the Star MB with shoulder stock. Stupid rare in the US. And the tiger striped K11 is total eye candy. Andrew is still finding gems, glad they're making their way to the US!

She sure did! Got a lot of nice stuff in. I just wish I could take it all home with me.

The bore gauge was actually made by an acquaintance from Switzerland (who lives here now) who sells them at the MACA show in Timonium in March. He makes them in the machine shop that he owns. They're made for the specs that the Swiss would accept a barrel for, anything above 7.57 would be below peak accuracy and would soon need a barrel change. If anyone is as big a Swissophile as I am or does any kind of serious competition shooting with a K31, they're a real bargain.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks like I found Edmund Meier's obituary. Unfortunately he passed away this past January. The DOB and town match up with the name, and one of the surviving relatives listed on the obituary is listed as owning/living in his house. I think I will write a letter, you never know what interesting stuff you might find out about the guy.

https://www.todesanzeigenonline.ch/edmund-meier-finazzi-pratteln-todesanzeige-12379

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sorry to hear about his passing. Glad to see you're trying to keep the history alive.

Congrats!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    MMB Imports has some nice - but expensive - stuff.

Write to the relative. You never know what you might get. I hit a home run.

7b2f5714b93c831c90efcc020862eeff.jpg

aaab1d0400e5a552a2be69b5bea32017.jpg

hello Andrew

I'm happy to inform you that our neighbor Ruedi Schwab is the son of the former weapon owner "Fritz Schwab 1914".
    As an attach you find the genealogical tree of the whole family including a detail of Hans Rudolf ("Ruedi") and his father Friedrich ("Fritz").
    Ruedi just told me, that he remembers the fact of S° 9 of the Karabiner because by announcing himself during army services swiss army members were obliged to mention name and weapon S° number each time. So for his father it was always special by announcing: "Fritz Schwab, weapon N° 9" as the officers normally were waiting to hear more numerics than just the 9!

So I would like to put you in direct contact to Ruedi Schwab (who is reading with us). Maybe you have to make some efforts in german.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom