• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    C&R Ruger Mk I's

I picked up a Ruger Standard at the York show.
    I had gone through the entire show and was headed back to look at Marlin 25 that was in good shape to try to talk the price down and went down a few isles first. Saw the Ruger and decided to make a deal and purchased it.

e95539c7d585889acd19dd52907ce190.jpg

eeec5a5d5e6b51e303585839c488d20a.jpg

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Nice piece. I have a Ruger MK1 with bull barrel and adjustable sights. Paid $100 used back in the 70's. Real nice shooter. It's the gun I use to teach new shooters with.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I picked this up from an Industrial Partner a week ago Saturday. It's not c&r but it was made in 1976 so it's getting there.

Attachments

• 20180225_120812.jpg
      20180225_120812.jpg
      51 KB · Views: 146

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Very nice. I picked up a Ruger Std a few months ago. It is from the mid 70's I believe. Not nearly as nice as the one you got but still in good shape.

After shooting it in December at AGC I HAD to install a Volquartsen mag release. My frozen fingers didn't like trying to get the original mag release to move back.

I did trim the tail on the Volquartsen release down quite a bit. It doesn't protrude very far but it is much easier to operate than the Ruger stock part.

Enjoy that new gun.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Started watching for early Red Eagle MkIs recently along with the early 60s vintage US marked MKIs. Never been a Ruger fan but am slowly creeping towards the dark side. Besides, I got a MKI magazine in an auction bundle with a T14 Nambu mag so now I need a pistol to go along with it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Started watching for early Red Eagle MkIs recently along with the early 60s vintage US marked MKIs. Never been a Ruger fan but am slowly creeping towards the dark side. Besides, I got a MKI magazine in an auction bundle with a T14 Nambu mag so now I need a pistol to go along with it.

Interesting you got those 2 mags in a bundle, I have always noticed the similarity between the Nambu and the Ruger. (the mags don't look alike, the pistols, especially the bolt and overall shape.

Took my Standard out to the range today to shoot it. It shot totally awesome. I have a high standard sport king and it sort of reminds me of that. Like any 22 pistol that is 50+ years old, I expected a few feed/ejection issues and sure enough, depending on the ammo it did. Nothing alarming though and minimags shot awesome. I was just banging steel at 25 yards but is never missed. I like the sights for sights of the time.

Attachments

• IMG_5906.jpg
      IMG_5906.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 159

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Melnic
    That's a real beauty.
    Can I ask the price?
    Wish I saw it first.

$350
    I thought it was a fair price considering I got the box. You might be able to wait and wait and find for less but it was just staring me in the face.

I'm happy.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Interesting you got those 2 mags in a bundle, I have always noticed the similarity between the Nambu and the Ruger. (the mags don't look alike, the pistols, especially the bolt and overall shape.

Took my Standard out to the range today to shoot it. It shot totally awesome. I have a high standard sport king and it sort of reminds me of that. Like any 22 pistol that is 50+ years old, I expected a few feed/ejection issues and sure enough, depending on the ammo it did. Nothing alarming though and minimags shot awesome. I was just banging steel at 25 yards but is never missed. I like the sights for sights of the time.

Funny that you saw that and I didn't, went right over my head. There are lots of neat things that are getting swept into the C&R world with age making for interesting possibilities. The early MKIs are part of that along with Hi Standards, S&Ws (always had a Jones for the 52 but they're rapidly soaring into big money territory along with the 41). Terrified that politicians will eventually terminate the C&R or drastically tinker with it. If anyone can kill off the fun I've enjoyed collecting it's them. Getting to be like dealing with Puritans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom