• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Anyone using the airsoft "Eotechs" on their .22's? I was thinking about one for my 15-22. I know there's other cheap red dots out there but I like the look of these without spending $500-700. I just want to know if they at least hold up to rimfire use? If not then I'll look at something else.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 15-22 -- under $100 with the mount. If you really want an EoTech they have a $60 rebate promotion now.... I found a government supplier that has the XPS 2.x series for $383 after the rebate. CMC will sell to civilians.

cmcgov.com

RP

sywl95

Jan 20, 2009
    I have one that I used on .22, .223 and 12G saiga, still works fine. But apparently there are also different levels of quality in knockoffs, so be careful.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Wanna know a secret? The IJK replicas will stand up to .223 recoil. It just turns off after every shot. Holds zero though.

The other clones do hold up to .22lr. GBBR has more kick then they do.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    Check out the lucid m7...around 200 bucks and it has a reticle pattern similar to the eotech

do you have one, if so did you have good luck with it?

I tried one off amazon and had major bloom issues with the reticle, and had the battery compartment strip/gall, didn't force it closed so if I cross threaded it, it was a very easy strip.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have one that sitting on a Tavor right now. I havent had to change the battery yet.

I really do not have issues with the reticle. By this weekend, the m7 will bebre assigned to a 12g shotgun. We will see if it can take the punishment from 3" magnum slugs.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Brownells is offering the EOTech XPS2-RF for $375. After the factory rebate you would be down to $315.

http://www.brownells.com/search/optics-mounting/electronic-sights/holographic-sights/xps2-rf-holographic-sight-prod44395.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=eotech

I have never ordered from them before but Classic City Firearms is offering a EOTech 512 for $400. By using the $30 checkout coupon "eotech" and the factory $60 rebate you are down to $310.

http://http://www.classiccityfirearms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=300#arpartsfinder.com

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I've checked the dealers that had the used Eotechs and they've been out for a while. I can get a new 512 from a dealer for $310 after dicount and the $60 rebate promo Eotech is running. I'm thinking that might be the best route.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I've used the sightmark eotech copy for over a year now. Now worries at all. Battery still going strong and I use it about 12 hours a month on average. I keep it on one reticle style because you do have to recheck it after changing reticles. A great buy at 70 bucks!

Those Lucid sights look interesting, although I wish they'd just tell us which products are made in china (really hate that).

Last edited:

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I have one that sitting on a Tavor right now. I havent had to change the battery yet.

I really do not have issues with the reticle. By this weekend, the m7 will bebre assigned to a 12g shotgun. We will see if it can take the punishment from 3" magnum slugs.

I'm pretty happy with the lucid on my Tavor as well. I'm glad you suggested it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you really want an EoTech they have a $60 rebate promotion now.

Buyer beware. The rebate only applies to purchases from an authorized reseller. The list of valid seller's is on EOTech's website. See the fine print on the rebate form.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I use a chinese model on my MAC 10 in 45. Works great, never turns off unless you want it to, my only complaint would be that it is not as bright as I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom