• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    How will the media spin that? You think they may spin it like we are angry, unhinged white guys with guns?

Who cares how they spin it? They HATE you.

Are you gonna play nice and hold your breath waiting for them to give you a fair shake? LOLz !!!!!

Besides, we’re taking about the same media that says “we have dozens of protesters in Annapolis” when we really have a couple thousand. Well it’s a little hard to explain how a “few dozen” protesters can shut down the traffic grid in the state capital. So either they’ll not be there at all, will be too late to cover it when it’s happening, or will have to mention that there were hundreds or over a thousand protesters, rather than just a handful. Each of those scenarios is a win in its own way.

But being nice, not inconveniencing anyone, and getting ignored for our trouble has not accomplished anything, except make it clear that there is no rule, regulation or law that we can’t be forced into complying with in order to “protest”. That’s our fault. We submit to this ********.

If the general assembly passed a law that said gun owners could only protest in the naval academy stadium parking lot, and no closer, this forum would be filled with posters bragging about how early they were going to get there, and how big a pair of binoculars they were bringing to help them see the Statehouse.

You guys are talking about “by ballot box or ammo box”, but you won’t even risk getting arrested for blocking traffic. Gi’me a friggin break. You’re gonna water the Tree of Liberty, but you’re not willing to stand in a road and block traffic? Hahahahaha!!!!

This is why ANTIFA and liberals in general are going to win.

Because they’re more committed than we are. They know what they want, and they go after it, laws, manners, and civilized conduct be damned.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Who cares how they spin it? They HATE you.

Are you gonna play nice and hold your breath waiting for them to give you a fair shake? LOLz !!!!!

Besides, we’re taking about the same media that says “we have dozens of protesters in Annapolis” when we really have a couple thousand. Well it’s a little hard to explain how a “few dozen” protesters can shut down the traffic grid in the state capital. So either they’ll not be there at all, will be too late to cover it when it’s happening, or will have to mention that there were hundreds or over a thousand protesters, rather than just a handful. Each of those scenarios is a win in its own way.

But being nice, not inconveniencing anyone, and getting ignored for our trouble has not accomplished anything, except make it clear that there is no rule, regulation or law that we can’t be forced into complying with in order to “protest”. That’s our fault. We submit to this ********.

If the general assembly passed a law that said gun owners could only protest in the naval academy stadium parking lot, and no closer, this forum would be filled with posters bragging about how early they were going to get there, and how big a pair of binoculars they were bringing to help them see the Statehouse.

You guys are talking about “by ballot box or ammo box”, but you won’t even risk getting arrested for blocking traffic. Gi’me a friggin break. You’re gonna water the Tree of Liberty, but you’re not willing to stand in a road and block traffic? Hahahahaha!!!!

This is why ANTIFA and liberals in general are going to win.

Because they’re more committed than we are. They know what they want, and they go after it, laws, manners, and civilized conduct be damned.

You don't get it.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    You don't get it.

What don’t I get?

Doing things the same way we’ve always done them, yet expecting that THIS time, they’ll listen?

You’re right, I don’t get that.

You know what I DO get? I see crowds showing up and pulling down statues they don’t like, and getting their way. I see BLM blocking highways, and getting their way. I see ANTIFA shutting down blocks of various west coast urban centers, and getting their way.

And I’ve seen us, doing exactly as we’re told, being nice, complying with every absurd rule they can foist on us (arrests for “blocking sidewalks” while walking a picket?) and we get shafted, year and year.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    And I’ve seen us, doing exactly as we’re told, being nice, complying with every absurd rule they can foist on us (arrests for “blocking sidewalks” while walking a picket?) and we get shafted, year and year.

> Joined in 2009
    > 25,310 posts
    > NRA Lifetime Member

Boomers. Not even once.
    Do not engage.
    #BoycottBoomers

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What don’t I get?

Doing things the same way we’ve always done them, yet expecting that THIS time, they’ll listen?

You’re right, I don’t get that.

You know what I DO get? I see crowds showing up and pulling down statues they don’t like, and getting their way. I see BLM blocking highways, and getting their way. I see ANTIFA shutting down blocks of various west coast urban centers, and getting their way.

Yet image is everything in today's world. You MUST think of this from a PR perspective. Is it ideal? No. Should Rights be up for debate? No. Yet they are, aren't they?

The narrative of the left: Gun owners are potentially violent people and we must limit gun ownership.

WE make threats, break laws etc. only proves their point. It hardens their resolve. It make people who could be potentially on our side think twice. It is counter productive. Yes, what we have been doing hasn't worked. The "thing" that has not worked is the elections. "We" keep electing a General Assembly that is overwhelmingly against us. Frankly, that is the ONLY thing that matters. Nothing will change their minds. Does Antifa make the news? Nope. You can rest assured that anything we do that makes us appear in any way dangerous will be played and re-played.

> Joined in 2009
    > 25,310 posts
    > NRA Lifetime Member

Boomers. Not even once.
    Do not engage.
    #BoycottBoomers

Piss off. Post counts don't mean shit. You have good ideas? Post up. Hope to see you in Annapolis regardless.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Yet image is everything in today's world. You MUST think of this from a PR perspective. Is it ideal? No. Should Rights be up for debate? No. Yet they are, aren't they?

The narrative of the left: Gun owners are potentially violent people and we must limit gun ownership.

WE make threats, break laws etc. only proves their point. It hardens their resolve. It make people who could be potentially on our side think twice. It is counter productive. Yes, what we have been doing hasn't worked. The "thing" that has not worked is the elections. "We" keep electing a General Assembly that is overwhelmingly against us. Frankly, that is the ONLY thing that matters. Nothing will change their minds. Does Antifa make the news? Nope. You can rest assured that anything we do that makes us appear in any way dangerous will be played and re-played.

Piss off. Post counts don't mean shit. You have good ideas? Post up. Hope to see you in Annapolis regardless.

Image is everything.

Explain then the success of the ANTIFA, BLM, road blocking, statue destroying leftists.

If extremism turns people off from your cause and doesn't help prove your point, explain how it's been so successful for them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Image is everything.

Explain then the success of the ANTIFA, BLM, road blocking, statue destroying leftists.

If extremism turns people off from your cause and doesn't help prove your point, explain how it's been so successful for them.

Because THEY have the support of the liberal media.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Because THEY have the support of the liberal media.

This unfortunately. When you have literally every major news network minus maybe Fox carrying water for you, you can literally get away with anything.

Although to be fair, the media will paint anything right wing as criminal and evil no matter how nice and law abiding. We could present Frosh with a friendship quilt and the Capital would report we gave him a smallpox blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    You have good ideas? Post up. Hope to see you in Annapolis regardless.

Yo bring up a few fair points in a couple of your posts that I do have ideas for. Also sorry for the Boomer jab, I was just joking around.

You bring up "optics" quite a bit in a few posts. If optics are so important than why at every protest I've ever been to or seen everyone, sans a few, fall into one of 3 categories: Milsurp/Prepper dude, III'per Dude, and Fudd/Boomer/Redneck. Have you guys never heard of Business Casual? If we show up in force looking like Upper Middle Class White Collar professionals, even if we are conducting civil disobedience, the clips run on the news would be...hard to spin.

"Reports are coming in that what appears to be Network Admins, Engineers, and CPAs are blocking the streets and protesting over proposed gun laws, back to you Stan"

Also leave the freaking Secessionist flags and Gadsdens at home, it's not helping anyone.

I'm a 35 year old STEM degree holding Right-wing Minarchist Network Administrator, the other political side of my generation is literally a Left-Wing Communist Street Militia. Right-wing X'ers and Millennial are just about through with the whole "but muh optics" peaceful protest thing.

I mean, I can show up looking like this but...I don't think that's the best look, see what I mean?

MQEaSD7.jpg

2 things are true, 1: we a rapidly losing the culture war, and 2: the media at large hates anyone who is self-sufficient and independent of thought.

These new laws proposed are insane and Maryland has finally, I think, found the line where normal run of the mill gun owners will push back and say "F' That!"

I'll be there, I've already taken that day off to make my voice heard. I think I'm a reasonably good guy and I don't want to ruin other peoples days and get arrested, I've never been arrested, I'm Mr. Legal beagle but if we don't start showing a little bit of grit I'm worried that the time for arguments is almost over.

Last edited:

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I agree appearance is important, but what Maryland protests have you been to where people dress like crap? Minus a small handful, everyone in 2013 was dressed professionally. Last year when I was down on gun bill days, everyone looked fantastic that was there to testify. I saw very few cringeworthy dressed people. Hubby and I always dress against stereotypes when we go down, even with the Patriot Picket.

I'll see you down there.

Yo bring up a few fair points in a couple of your posts that I do have ideas for. Also sorry for the Boomer jab, I was just joking around.

You bring up "optics" quite a bit in a few posts. If optics are so important than why at every protest I've ever been to or seen everyone, sans a few, fall into one of 3 categories: Milsurp/Prepper dude, III'per Dude, and Fudd/Boomer/Redneck. Have you guys never heard of Business Casual? If we show up in force looking like Upper Middle Class White Collar professionals, even if we are conducting civil disobedience, the clips run on the news would be...hard to spin.

"Reports are coming in that what appears to be Network Admins, Engineers, and CPAs are blocking the streets and protesting over proposed gun laws, back to you Stan"

Also leave the freaking Secessionist flags and Gadsdens at home, it's not helping anyone.

I'm a 35 year old STEM degree holding Right-wing Minarchist Network Administrator, the other political side of my generation is literally a Left-Wing Communist Street Militia. Right-wing X'ers and Millennial are just about through with the whole "but muh optics" peaceful protest thing.

2 things are true, 1: we a rapidly losing the culture war, and 2: the media at large hates anyone who is self-sufficient and independent of thought.

I'll be there, I've already taken that day off to make my voice heard. I think I'm a reasonably good guy and I don't want to ruin other peoples days and get arrested, I've never been arrested, I'm Mr. Legal beagle but if we don't start showing a little bit of grit I'm worried that the time for arguments almost is over.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I mean, I can show up looking like this but...I don't think that's the best look, see what I mean?

MQEaSD7.jpg

These new laws proposed are insane and Maryland has finally, I think, found the line where normal run of the mill gun owners will push back and say "F' That!"

I'll be there, I've already taken that day off to make my voice heard. I think I'm a reasonably good guy and I don't want to ruin other peoples days and get arrested, I've never been arrested, I'm Mr. Legal beagle but if we don't start showing a little bit of grit I'm worried that the time for arguments is almost over.

This has been brought up before. When the gun groups dictate dress codes, people push back. I don't disagree with that. I usually wear a suit. Business casual would be best. Some people literally own nothing but milsurp clothes. In the end, we are diverse community, and a community not conducive to being told what to do. It is hard to advocate liberty and at the same time tell people what they can and cannot do. I believe optics are very important. I know that some flags and attire fit right into a bad stereotype. In the end, these are "our" people, good people, and they should not be put down because they have some different ideas.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    This has been brought up before. When the gun groups dictate dress codes, people push back. I don't disagree with that. I usually wear a suit. Business casual would be best. Some people literally own nothing but milsurp clothes. In the end, we are diverse community, and a community not conducive to being told what to do. It is hard to advocate liberty and at the same time tell people what they can and cannot do. I believe optics are very important. I know that some flags and attire fit right into a bad stereotype. In the end, these are "our" people, good people, and they should not be put down because they have some different ideas.

Good exchange between you and DO, and as much as I dislike using the word "diverse" to describe who we are, it is accurate. We do come from all walks of life and experiences. A true cross section of America. While we can and should agree on our objectives, there is no benefit to a dress code. Come as you are. I will be there.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I usually wear a suit. Business casual would be best. I believe optics are very important.

I like to dress like the antis, even up to the point of having considered the red shirt at times, but mostly I want the antis to know that I am an ordinary citizen. Not some end-of-the-worlder, nor one who is out to gun everybody down and let God sort them out. I dread the day when I would have to use a gun against another person to save my own life, or that of another would-be victim.

I may not be a mom, but I too demand action on common sense gun laws. I mean, who cannot get behind common sense guns like constitutional carry, actually prosecuting criminals who use guns, tax discounts for possessing firearms, etc.?

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    The hearings usually start around 1pm. You can sign up outside the hearing room on the electronic monitor. I believe you have to be signed up before noon. Or someone can sign you up if you're running later.

When the hearing starts there will be time to testify on each bill. Some they call your name, others they just have come up in blocks of 3 or 4.

I'm told Bill Hearing 10:00 AM - House Office Building, Room 100, Annapolis, MD

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    I got vetoed from the wifey. She's having low BP and low heart rate with baby #2. Due April 1 but #1 was two weeks early. Anybody have info on how to send in written testimony? Not like they'll actually read it, but I'd like to at least support the Senate Bill about self defense being g&s. Thanks

Send your written testimony to a GOP Member of the Judiciary Committee. And also a copy to the Chair. The GOP Delegate should read and submit it.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    2/25 Hearings in House Judiciary (JUD) - a MONDAY @ 1000 AM.

At this point, scheduled to hear 8 bills and the hearing WILL conclude before 8PM, since Floor Session starts at that time...this is shaping up to be a repeat of the JPR 2013 hearings where we were finally told that we were only permitted to say which side (Favorable/Unfavorable) applied. You can bet that the MDA/MPGV crowd will be given all the time in the world and that our side will be ramrodded.

Waiting to see how many of the 9 bills still awaiting scheduling in JUD end up on 2/25. I am betting all of them at this point.

They want their agenda and want to minimize and deflect our testimony as much as possible. They will silence us.

The many folks calling for a rally/protest/gathering - the only way that will get any attention is to completely shut down the government hill in Annapolis with enough people to completely block every street from State Circle, up/down Main Street, Church Circle, Bladen St, Calvert...etc. We, as a community, forced the Annapolis Fire Marshal to SHUT DOWN entry to the Senate Office Complex, something that has never happened in recorded history for Maryland government, and it was still bandied by the media as "a few hundred supporters".

We need every Gorram firearms owner in this state, every freedom-loving citizen/lawful resident of this state, to get involved. I wish I could say that I see that actually happening.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom