• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    super neat gun. jealous of those that have one. hicock 45 does a great review of the one he got his paws on. i def covet said item. any intel of a .45 version is in the works?

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I wish somebody would make a quality 2-stage trigger. The trigger pull weight on my stock Scorpion is insane! I checked last year and it was something like 10lbs plus!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Really, there are no trigger upgrades? What are the must haves? Brace, fire control switch....?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have the HBI theta trigger and spring kit in my Scorp. The trigger is much lighter and smoother but still is somewhat mushy. I have also upgraded to a tailhook brace on the factory cheek piece(I have a pistol). The factory irons are pretty good but I added a Holosun 510c. I also added an Apex grip and the HBI right side safety delete. I plan to eventually switch to the HBI mlok handguard and perhaps the micro barrel conversion.

Attachments

• 7D533009-F87F-46BA-88F6-836B7514C368.jpg
      7D533009-F87F-46BA-88F6-836B7514C368.jpg
      90.9 KB · Views: 443

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    OK, I feel like an idiot. Anyone wanna educate me? From my understanding, a Scorpion is a .22 cal SMG. It looked nothing like the pics posted. I saw an original in a gun shop once and was like KOOL! then thought mags very rare, illegal to buy in MD, expensive, then what is this pretty and shiny pistol in the display care. Then there was the whole BATFE background check, 200 fed one time tax and MD 50 a year tax for owning a machine gun. So come on and bitch slap me what am I missing. Do they make these in semi auto now?

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    OK, I feel like an idiot. Anyone wanna educate me? From my understanding, a Scorpion is a .22 cal SMG. It looked nothing like the pics posted. I saw an original in a gun shop once and was like KOOL! then thought mags very rare, illegal to buy in MD, expensive, then what is this pretty and shiny pistol in the display care. Then there was the whole BATFE background check, 200 fed one time tax and MD 50 a year tax for owning a machine gun. So come on and bitch slap me what am I missing. Do they make these in semi auto now?

They are 9mm and only come in semi-auto as far as I know.
    You can get a binary trigger for it but not in Maryland.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

The original Skorpion was a .32 caliber machine pistol with a wire stock that folded over the top of the gun.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Really, there are no trigger upgrades? What are the must haves? Brace, fire control switch....?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

according to what ive seen and agree with after handling the factory carbine model.

Right side safety delete is a must, Pistol grip change is not a must but a likely, and extended charging handle is nice.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    according to what ive seen and agree with after handling the factory carbine model.

Right side safety delete is a must, Pistol grip change is not a must but a likely, and extended charging handle is nice.

The AK style right side safety is awesome and eliminates the problem.
    The duckbill magazine release is also very nice and yes the extended charging handle is much nicer.
    HBI makes some great parts
    https://hbindustries.net/store/product-category/cz-scorpion-evo-products/

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I think the configurations it comes in are 16" carbine and pistol w/o a brace. Maybe there is an SBR. I might be wrong, but that the most common I've seen.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I think the configurations it comes in are 16" carbine and pistol w/o a brace. Maybe there is an SBR. I might be wrong, but that the most common I've seen.

You're right - 16" carbine and pistol are the two lengths offered from the factory. I belong to a CZ Scorpion group on FB, and there are a LOT of people on there who are SBR-ing their carbines. They look badass when shortened.

-John

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    You're right - 16" carbine and pistol are the two lengths offered from the factory. I belong to a CZ Scorpion group on FB, and there are a LOT of people on there who are SBR-ing their carbines. They look badass when shortened.

-John

goals :)

what barrels are they switching to in order to meet the OAL requirement in Maryland for SBR'ing the 16 inch carbine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom