• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    First off, I moved here from Commiefornia eight years ago. When I lived there I was active on the CA version of MDS, CalGuns.

This is important to mention because in the eight years hence CA and MD have traded places as far as 2A rights.

For instance, in CA it is illegal to carry a handgun in your car for any illegal purpose(self defense is legal). In MD it is illegal all the time except for specific things (going to a competitive shooting even, displaying your collection, etc)

Currently, due to the fact that county sheriffs are responsible for granting CCWs, and some are pro 2A, it is much MUCH easier to get a CCW in CA than MD. Some of the sherriffs see "self defense" and "constitutionally protected right" as good and substantial reasons for issue.

CA and MD both have a moritorium on assault weapons(whatever those are), except CA never banned clones. In fact, with the proper cosmetic modifications, you can own a pencil/GI barrel AR in CA, as long as it is featureless.

In fact, the only thing that MD does better than CA at is ownership of standard capacity magazines, and purchasing ammunition.

Pathetic.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    First off, I moved here from Commiefornia eight years ago. When I lived there I was active on the CA version of MDS, CalGuns.

This is important to mention because in the eight years hence CA and MD have traded places as far as 2A rights.

Oh you don't have to go as far as California . DC and Maryland have also inverted in terms of relative recognition of the people's Second Amendment rights (albeit dragged kicking and screaming by the courts).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yes, we are wannbe-California. It's where our evil pols get most of their ideas from the brilliant minds of Pelosi, Feinstein and Brown, including the fact that cosmetic features somehow make a firearm more dangerous.

If you want to go one-for-one with how stupid Maryland laws are versus Cali laws I could play but what's the point? In the end the "this is evil" "that is not evil" game isn't about safety, 2A or "the children" it's about nickel and dimeing away what you can "legally" possess until they think they have achieved a general ban.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Yes, we are wannbe-California. It's where our evil pols get most of their ideas from the brilliant minds of Pelosi, Feinstein and Brown, including the fact that cosmetic features somehow make a firearm more dangerous.

If you want to go one-for-one with how stupid Maryland laws are versus Cali laws I could play but what's the point? In the end the "this is evil" "that is not evil" game isn't about safety, 2A or "the children" it's about nickel and dimeing away what you can "legally" possess until they think they have achieved a general ban.

I think what he is saying, is that MD is worse than CA and that we are, now, what all anti2a states are trying to emulate.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I am reviving this thread to retract my previous statement.

California is now much worse than MD. Much, much worse, and I am glad I don't live there anymore

That is all.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

For instance, in CA it is illegal to carry a handgun in your car for any illegal purpose(self defense is legal). In MD it is illegal all the time except for specific things (going to a competitive shooting even, displaying your collection, etc)

Currently, due to the fact that county sheriffs are responsible for granting CCWs, and some are pro 2A, it is much MUCH easier to get a CCW in CA than MD. Some of the sherriffs see "self defense" and "constitutionally protected right" as good and substantial reasons for issue.

CA and MD both have a moritorium on assault weapons(whatever those are), except CA never banned clones. In fact, with the proper cosmetic modifications, you can own a pencil/GI barrel AR in CA, as long as it is featureless.

In fact, the only thing that MD does better than CA at is ownership of standard capacity magazines, and purchasing ammunition.

Pathetic.

have i missed something ? transporting a gun to the range without it being a competition is illegal ?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And NYC is the only place that doesn't allow even retired police to keep their weapons or issue permits. I don't believe they honor LEOSA either. It's like Communist East Berlin with a bad hangover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom