• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    There's no way I'd buy one of these. The Polymer80 units have a track record. These guys are a complete unknown. And yeah, they might get sued out of existence.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Even the dang packaging looks almost exactly the same just different colors. Same size and that glossy black texture......

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Found the company who is making these for glockstore.

Company called Freedom Concepts Labratory?

Attachments

• IMG_2161.jpg
      IMG_2161.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 535

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    There's no way I'd buy one of these. The Polymer80 units have a track record. These guys are a complete unknown. And yeah, they might get sued out of existence.

Not sure which Generation of the 80s you're referring to, but the current production is pretty solid.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Not sure which Generation of the 80s you're referring to, but the current production is pretty solid.

Here's what I meant: Polymer80 has a track record that you can research. They've been doing it for a few years in various forms, and the most recent ones seem to be good.

These new guys are brand new, stealing a design from Polymer80, and don't even have a website. I'll pass.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Here's what I meant: Polymer80 has a track record that you can research. They've been doing it for a few years in various forms, and the most recent ones seem to be good.

These new guys are brand new, stealing a design from Polymer80, and don't even have a website. I'll pass.

I gotcha, not saying you should buy them. In reference to P80 their products have come a long way since the first gen pistol frames (not talking about their AR lowers). Additionally the SS80 is being produced as aGlock Store exclusive, so there default website is Glockstore.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    I was watching this video on the SS80 and at about the 1:08 mark the speaker says that "..you will have to serialize these with the ATF after July". I thought you did not have to serialize something like a Poly80 or this SS80 if it was going to be used for personal use only. Are the rules changing in July?

Here is the link to the GlockStore video.

http://www.glockstore.com/SS80-M-Model

Last edited:

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was watching this video on the SS80 and at about the 1:08 mark the speaker says that "..you will have to serialize these with the ATF after July". I thought you did not have to serialize something like a Poly80 or this SS80 if it was going to be used for personal use only. Are the rules changing in July? s

Link?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks cool. I’ll prolly get one of these and a factory G43.

One good thing about Gen 3 (and I guess the G43 now too) is that you can always sell the slide and lower parts for what the whole damn gun costs. Kind of an interesting consequence of the 80% lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom