IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE METHOD TO SELL MY EBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have and EBR built on a Aero Precision Lower purchased before Oct 1.
    It has a Delton HBAR 16" complete upper, A generic red dot, CMMG LPK, and generic milspec buffer tube and adjustable stock. A complete firearm. See picture

However, to avoid running afounl of our foul laws I was thinks of selling the parts. The complete upper and 2 10 round pmags as unregulated parts and the completed lower as regulated transfer through MSP or FFL.

What do you thinks? Strictly legal way to do it?

I need to raise capital and wish to sell so I want to walk the straight and narrow with no complications.

Attachments

• HPIM2328.jpg
      HPIM2328.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 494
    • HPIM2331.jpg
      HPIM2331.jpg
      89.9 KB · Views: 495
    Feb 28, 2013
    That's legal, but unnecessary. You could sell the whole rifle as non-regulated since HBAR rifles are routinely sold just on 4473s.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That's legal, but unnecessary. You could sell the whole rifle as non-regulated since HBAR rifles are routinely sold just on 4473s.

I read a whole thread on this topic and am still a bit leery. The lower was bought stripped as regulated pre oct. The idea of once regulated always was brought up a lot. I just sold the stripped twin to the lower a few months ago and it had to go through MSP so why not be safe and do about the same with this one.

i really dont need problems with this. But I need the $$ Getting set for an unpleasant divorce and dont need and more complications.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    If you want to cover your butt, you could sell it as a complete HBAR and transfer it through a FFL.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I can see why you'd want to CYA. On the other hand I bought a Saiga when they were regulated and sol it FTF after they were no longer reg'd. Did get a letter from MSP saying it was legal.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    OK so that was bought regulated pre october and made into a MD compliant HBAR. I guess I need to ask MSP formally if it can be sold FTF or regulated transfer

:SMH: The chance of a good outcome from that strategy is so much smaller than the chance of a negative one, and the negative could have wider implications for other people in similar situation. Seems like if you're worried the best bet would be to transfer through a FFL and be done with it.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    :SMH: The chance of a good outcome from that strategy is so much smaller than the chance of a negative one, and the negative could have wider implications for other people in similar situation. Seems like if you're worried the best bet would be to transfer through a FFL and be done with it.

Sounds like a winning idea...look for it the the classifieds

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    MSP's current position seems to be that an HBAR can be sold over the counter, but a lower by itself requires a 77r. Makes no sense to me, but MSP seems pretty stuck on that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom