• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I don't see any other threads on this specific article but, did come across it in the NCGunOwners forums, this morning:

Looks like "they" are going after pistol grip shotguns this time.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/atf...edefine-sporting-use-ban-certain-ammo-imports

Excerpt with particular significance to me (substitute, "no “tradeoffs” or “compromises” on any kind of ammunition" with Saturday Night Specials (MD Gov. Schaeffer); "assault" semi-autos or private transfers (Glendenning), etc.):

"Second, it must be made more than clear that no “tradeoffs” or “compromises” on any kind of ammunition are acceptable. Marginalizing hobbyists and enthusiasts like those who fire off tracers at Knob Creek and throwing them under the bus is unacceptable, and part of a “divide and conquer” strategy that all gun owners must stand fast against and refuse to cede ground to. As seen every time the gun-grabbers advance, far from being satisfied, they always use their new position of advantage from which to launch their next deeper incursion."

Last edited:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I don't see any other threads on this specific article but, did come across it in the NCGunOwners forums, this morning:

Looks like "they" are going after pistol grip shotguns this time.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/atf...edefine-sporting-use-ban-certain-ammo-imports

Excerpt with particular significance to me (substitute, "no “tradeoffs” or “compromises” on any kind of ammunition" with Saturday Night Specials (MD Gov. Schaeffer); "assault" semi-autos or private transfers (Glendenning), etc.):

"Second, it must be made more than clear that no “tradeoffs” or “compromises” on any kind of ammunition are acceptable. Marginalizing hobbyists and enthusiasts like those who fire off tracers at Knob Creek and throwing them under the bus is unacceptable, and part of a “divide and conquer” strategy that all gun owners must stand fast against and refuse to cede ground to. As seen every time the gun-grabbers advance, far from being satisfied, they always use their new position of advantage from which to launch their next deeper incursion."

Oh. you mean the NRA throwing us under the bus again on some obscure rider they helped write attached to a too big to fail bill passed in the dead of night kind of bill?

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2015/04/ssi-exclusive-negotiating-rights-away.html

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I don't understand how the "danger" of "widening sporting purposes" and "reclassified as destructive devices" are related. If they widened sporting purposes, there would be no threat because sporting purposes is the exemption from the law...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I don't understand how the "danger" of "widening sporting purposes" and "reclassified as destructive devices" are related. If they widened sporting purposes, there would be no threat because sporting purposes is the exemption from the law...

They must mean narrow sporting purposes.. that is apply it to more classes of things..thus pistol grip shotguns become DD because they have no sporting purpose..

I will wait for real info the linked article made no sense to me..

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    They must mean narrow sporting purposes.. that is apply it to more classes of things..thus pistol grip shotguns become DD because they have no sporting purpose..

I will wait for real info the linked article made no sense to me..

The pistol grip "shotguns" are actually DD's because first and formost the bore is smooth, exceeds 1/2 inch and they do not meet the definition of a shotgun because they lack a shoulder stock.

Secondarily they have been "Interpreted" as not qualifying as so called "sporting" which would have allowed them to be excempt from the DD category.

NFA is all FUBAR which is why its so important to be precise......there's a felony charge and a lot of court fees as the logical conclusion of not being precise if you're going to play in the NFA sandbox

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The pistol grip "shotguns" are actually DD's because first and formost the bore is smooth, exceeds 1/2 inch and they do not meet the definition of a shotgun because they lack a shoulder stock.

Secondarily they have been "Interpreted" as not qualifying as so called "sporting" which would have allowed them to be excempt from the DD category.

NFA is all FUBAR which is why its so important to be precise......there's a felony charge and a lot of court fees as the logical conclusion of not being precise if you're going to play in the NFA sandbox

I got that part..

But NY thinks the judge is a shotgun..

Moreover it must mean " not intended to be fired from the shoulder rather than pistol grip..

So how does sporting purpose fit in?

If they broaden sporting purpose to include non sholder fired weapons then as Noted that helps..

In this case anyway..

This is what makes no subject sense.. broadened sporting purpose. Helps..

What am I missing?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I got that part..

But NY thinks the judge is a shotgun..

Moreover it must mean " not intended to be fired from the shoulder rather than pistol grip..

So how does sporting purpose fit in?

If they broaden sporting purpose to include non sholder fired weapons then as Noted that helps..

In this case anyway..

This is what makes no subject sense.. broadened sporting purpose. Helps..

What am I missing?

What are you missing?

You're trying to make sense of what the ATF, politicians and bureucrats do.

99.999% they are simply trying to further infringe on various rights and get their hand further into your pocket

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom