• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    +1000 for Bollinger.

hell, I could not even spell AR before all this crap started in MD. I still have a lot to learn but I decided it was now or never... Brandi and Bobby have been great to work with, was just there last night picking up the start of my 2nd rifle, had my SIL with me and he's a believer (and a customer) now too.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    For the most "bang for your buck", pick up some jewelry for your significant other while you are there. Various sizes, 9mm, .223, etc.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    These guys sound great, and possibly worth the drive from Bethesda. Are they still following the 8 day release policy? My gun should be shipped any day now.

I drove out there from Columbia this past Saturday. What should have been an hour ride took almost 2 hours as my gps crapped out on me mid route lol once I got there I knew a 3 hour ride would have been worth it. Yes they are 8 days. Can't wait to pick up my lower!!!

dendog

Mar 5, 2011
    Howard County
    Always worth the drive to a quailty Gun Shop. Super Great Service and even better People!! I have had Bobby work on several of my guns and the workmanship can't be beat.

kennyc01

Apr 30, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I drove up there first thing this morning and I love the place. The guy I spoke with (did not catch his name) was very nice and knowledgeable.

I can see them getting a lot if not all of my business.

HondoMD

Mar 8, 2011
    I was also there today. Great people and very knowledgeable. Couldn't leave empty handed so I purchased some Frog Lube. I plan on bringing some of my collection there to have work done.

And best of all... only 20 minutes away.

Ksichels

Glock Shooter
    Jan 11, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    I've heard nothing but great things about them, so plan on having them do a transfer from out of state for me. Anyone know what ALL exactly is involved on a Gunbroker.com purchase from a PA shop? This would be my first internet gun purchase and out of state transfer, obviously.

- do they collect MD sales tax (6%) on gun price?
    - what about an internal-style lock?
    - what about a pre-fired shell casing?

Thanks! I appreciate any insight and knowledge. Ready to "add to my collection".

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I've heard nothing but great things about them, so plan on having them do a transfer from out of state for me. Anyone know what ALL exactly is involved on a Gunbroker.com purchase from a PA shop? This would be my first internet gun purchase and out of state transfer, obviously.

- do they collect MD sales tax (6%) on gun price?
    - what about an internal-style lock?
    - what about a pre-fired shell casing?

Thanks! I appreciate any insight and knowledge. Ready to "add to my collection".

You pay no tax
    You bring a lock at pick up
    Bollingers handles the casing for $15 on top of the transfer fee

Its quite simple. E-mail Brandi to notify her of the pending transfer and to send their FFL to the seller.
    E-mail the seller to expect Brandi's e-mail so they will associate it with your purchase.
    Pay for the purchase and shipping.
    Wait for Brandi's -mail
    Good communications to all makes things go smooth.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I made the trip out there yesterday as well to take advantage of the Adcor lower group buy..

I was greeted by the welcoming committee before I even set foot in the door (their two large and friendly dogs) had to give them a good scratch before I went in...

Had a great time talking with Brandi and her husband (I forgot his name).. and got a good look at the shop... nice place, very friendly people... will definitely be going back again and again... always need more parts to make more AR's....

Definitely worth the drive no matter how far you have to go...

Ksichels

Glock Shooter
    Jan 11, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    Thank you Chriss for all the great info. My new M&P Shield is on its way there as we speak (hopefully!). Brandi couldn't have been nicer, even on the phone. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of business with them in the future. Thanks again!

kennyc01

Apr 30, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I made the trip out there yesterday as well to take advantage of the Adcor lower group buy..

I was greeted by the welcoming committee before I even set foot in the door (their two large and friendly dogs) had to give them a good scratch before I went in...

Had a great time talking with Brandi and her husband (I forgot his name).. and got a good look at the shop... nice place, very friendly people... will definitely be going back again and again... always need more parts to make more AR's....

Definitely worth the drive no matter how far you have to go...

I played with the dogs too! They are very friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom