• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Anybody have experience with the reliability of the Keltec Sub-2000 .40 cal using the Beretta 96 magazines? Do they feed well? Is it picky with ammo? Any and all comments welcome.
    I have one that uses the Beretta mags. I've had it for over 4 years and have dumped several hundred rounds through it. It shoots everything from dirty Wolf steel-cased ammo to top end stuff without prejudice. Simple, reliable gun.

slimm2

Jan 1, 2013
    GAITHERSBURG
    Sub 2000 40 cal. with Glock Mags.

I have located one in Pa. and from what is posted here it appears that they are legal to possess in the state of Maryland. I was wondering if anyone out there has seen that in writing on a Maryland approved site, if so can I get the link.

What the seller in Pa. told me is that it would be an over the counter sale because it is considered a rifle there.

After purchasing this, would there be anything else I need to do to bring it into the FreeState.

Thank You Kindly,
    Slimm2

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I have one that uses the Beretta mags. I've had it for over 4 years and have dumped several hundred rounds through it. It shoots everything from dirty Wolf steel-cased ammo to top end stuff without prejudice. Simple, reliable gun.

Do you use the Beretta 96 magazines?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have located one in Pa. and from what is posted here it appears that they are legal to possess in the state of Maryland. I was wondering if anyone out there has seen that in writing on a Maryland approved site, if so can I get the link.

What the seller in Pa. told me is that it would be an over the counter sale because it is considered a rifle there.

After purchasing this, would there be anything else I need to do to bring it into the FreeState.

Thank You Kindly,
    Slimm2

Just put it in your car.:D

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'll try this again: For any of you that use the Beretta 96 platform for the Keltec Sub-2000 .40 caliber, which magazines perform best? The factory Beretta ones? Maggar's? etc.
    Also, after naming which is best, how many round magazines do you use? 10 rnd.? 15rnd?

I'm trying to get an answer from someone who actually has one of these and has gained experience from using it.

Thanks in advance!

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have the Keltec that uses Beretta mags. The factory mags are the ONLY ones that work properly. I've tried off brands with no success. All the mags I have are 12 rounds.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I have the Keltec that uses Beretta mags. The factory mags are the ONLY ones that work properly. I've tried off brands with no success. All the mags I have are 12 rounds.

Thanks for an answer to my question. Do you have the .40 or 9mm? .40 takes Beretta 96 mags and 9mm takes Beretta 92.

On the Beretta website, it says the factory 96 mags take 11 rounds. Maybe you're using the 92's?

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Sorry was working from memory and haven't shot it in a while. Turns out I have only one factory mag. The rest are Maggar 12 rounds. That was the only one other than the factory mag I could get to work. Had originally wanted them for Glock mags but the order took forever and that one was on the shelf C&C. 40 S&W 12 Rnd mags.

Mag model Number is MG-B96-12 .40S&W

Attachments

• Keltec sub2000.jpg
      Keltec sub2000.jpg
      89.1 KB · Views: 482
    Last edited:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Sorry was working from memory and haven't shot it in a while. Turns out I have only one factory mag. The rest are Maggar 12 rounds. That was the only one other than the factory mag I could get to work. Had originally wanted them for Glock mags but the order took forever and that one was on the shelf C&C. 40 S&W 12 Rnd mags.

Mag model Number is MG-B96-12 .40S&W

Information and picture very helpful. Appreciated!

I see on the Meggar mag website that they carry a 10 rd. (new std); a 13 rd. (High Cap. flush fit); and a 15 rd. High Cap. Ext.). Don't see a 12 rd. listed now. Prices go from $30.45 to $45.55.

Thanks.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry was working from memory and haven't shot it in a while. Turns out I have only one factory mag. The rest are Maggar 12 rounds.
    bear in mind that Mec-Gar makes a lot of OEM magazines for companies like Beretta, so there may be no real difference between your magazines.

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Not sure on that one OnTarget. I can tell you there is a good bit of play in the magwell. The body of the mag moves around and doesn't really secure until its driven home and engages. I would think there would be enough tolerance to accommodate that finish but can't say with certainty. Good luck.

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    I thought the CX4 was banned after October 1st. That's why I was soo keen on getting one. My girlfriend has since adopted it and I'm building it to her specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom