• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'll sell you a black MBUS for $50 shipped, it's a never used take off from Colt 6920 (I decided to go with a fixed rear sight).

PHX223 Thanks for the offer. I am unsure what I am gonna do. I have an issue with my eyesight that may preclude a peep type rear sight. After two cataract surgeries I and quite far sighted and I am not sure how to deal with that with rifle sights. I am thinking some sort of optics may work better but I just dont know. I want to go to a show with a few optics vendors to see what is out there so i can have a better feel.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    PHX223 Thanks for the offer. I am unsure what I am gonna do. I have an issue with my eyesight that may preclude a peep type rear sight. After two cataract surgeries I and quite far sighted and I am not sure how to deal with that with rifle sights. I am thinking some sort of optics may work better but I just dont know. I want to go to a show with a few optics vendors to see what is out there so i can have a better feel.

Got ya. Careful at those shows, lots of knockoffs. And since your optic is going to be your only sight you are certainly going to want one that at the least has a warranty like Primary Arms or Vortex, if not a bomber one like an aimpoint.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I really like my Aimpoint Comp M2. Both eyes open, no need to focus on front or rear sights, just put the dot on the target and squeeze. The only downside is shooting at 300 yards. The 4 moa for covers a lot of the target so minute of man is kind of all I get. A traditional scope is much better past 100 yards for me. I've got a 1x4 optic on one of my other AR's that is pretty universal. Dot with no magnification for close range or 4x when you need more precision.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Attachments

• my build.jpg
      my build.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 79
    • HPIM2186.jpg
      HPIM2186.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 81
    Last edited:

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    IT IS DONE!! A COMPLETE FIRST BUILD

I went to the Fredericksburg (nice show) show and bought a few last bits to complete my build.:party29:

PMAGs, a stock butt pad, and a cheap red/green dot scope by UTG.

This is it all together and all evil black.

My total accounting tallies the cost at about $600 not including shipping charges where they app

close up.jpg

The composition is as follows

Aero Precision Blem Lower $75
    CMMP LPK $39
    PSA Mil Spec Stock Kit $39
    UTG Generic Butt pad $9
    Del Ton HBAR 16" mid length upp 1/9 $385
    UTG R/G Scope $42
    1 PMAG 30 Gen 2 $11

I still want a carry handle or MBUS for the rear even though my eyes wont benefit from iron sights. But I can try
    Cant wait to sight it in and punch come paper.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• Completed.jpg
      Completed.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 63

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I went to the Fredericksburg (nice show) show and bought a few last bits to complete my build.:party29:

PMAGs, a stock butt pad, and a cheap red/green dot scope by UTG.

This is it all together and all evil black.

My total accounting tallies the cost at about $600 not including shipping charges where they app

View attachment 104746

The composition is as follows

Aero Precision Blem Lower $75
    CMMP LPK $39
    PSA Mil Spec Stock Kit $39
    UTG Generic Butt pad $9
    Del Ton HBAR 16" mid length upp 1/9 $385
    UTG R/G Scope $42
    1 PMAG 30 Gen 2 $11

I still want a carry handle or MBUS for the rear even though my eyes wont benefit from iron sights. But I can try
    Cant wait to sight it in and punch come paper.:D:D:D:D:D:D

The build looks good, except the red dot IMHO. If you want a budget red dot that is of pretty good quality, check this out instead. PA makes some pretty good stuff for the money.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-30mm-Red-Dot-p/primary-arms-30mm-red-dot.htm

Scott Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom