• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    my utah was a breeze, sat there for 3 hours got printed photos and notary. 45 days later there it is. maryland Sucks

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The signed release on the app let's the MSP ask for what they want. Nothing requires the employer to respond to any of the requests for information.

I am aware of the release, but why does an employer have any of your medical records? That is bizarre. A doctor's office will not release any medical records to anyone without a signed consent specifically for the release of medical records. The only other way those records would be released would be with a subpoena. That's it.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Hello everyone, new guy, first post. i mailed my application was recieved on 3-27, check cashed few days later,. I was contacted yesterday by a Det. from the jessup barracks and to verify my info and asked me if i had an email address incase he had any questions so i gave him my work email so i could print anything for documentation.
    I received an email a little while later asking how long i have lived at my current address, leasing office phone# (wtf?), and how long i lived at my previous address.

Today i get a call and he asks for a number of someone he can talk to at my companys office so i gave him the president and the owners contact info. the president of the company cc'd me on a letter he had faxed over where they are asking for full disclosure of

-all medical and psychiatric consultation and or treatment

-copies of all work related injuries or workers comp claims

-employment application and pre-employment records including any background investigation reports

-results of all polygraph examinations

-efficency or approval ratings for the past 2 years

- copies of all complaints or greivences filed by or against the applicant

Boy they are looking for any reason to deny

just remembered: he said he would be working on my app for 3 to 4 weeks

Please notify MSI and delegate Smigiel of these...If someone from MSI has not already PM'd you.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hello everyone, new guy, first post. i mailed my application was recieved on 3-27, check cashed few days later,. I was contacted yesterday by a Det. from the jessup barracks and to verify my info and asked me if i had an email address incase he had any questions so i gave him my work email so i could print anything for documentation.
    I received an email a little while later asking how long i have lived at my current address, leasing office phone# (wtf?), and how long i lived at my previous address.

Today i get a call and he asks for a number of someone he can talk to at my companys office so i gave him the president and the owners contact info. the president of the company cc'd me on a letter he had faxed over where they are asking for full disclosure of

-employment application and pre-employment records including any background investigation reports

-efficiency or approval ratings for the past 2 years

Where do you work? You do not have to say the name, but can you tell what kind of business you work for?

Government?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    But the state will probably want to be there to smell the doctors finger.:innocent0
    This is totally ridiculous. What a fishing expedition.

If this is true, and not trolling...

In the MSP double secret manual of G&S definitions that the Superintendant cannot define...

Is there a chapter on disqualifying medical conditions?

Is inability to get an erection more likely a qualifying, or disqualifying factor?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Holy Shit! The state is itching for another lawsuit with this baseless shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I am aware of the release, but why does an employer have any of your medical records? That is bizarre. A doctor's office will not release any medical records to anyone without a signed consent specifically for the release of medical records. The only other way those records would be released would be with a subpoena. That's it.

My company's policy is that all reference inquiries are referred to the CEO.

The CEO will CONFIRM, but not provide the dates of employment and position. No other release of information is authorized. I know, because I wrote the policy.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    The signed release on the app let's the MSP ask for what they want. Nothing requires the employer to respond to any of the requests for information.

I don't think it dawns on the current State Officials that:

1) Some of us can afford to single handedly spend a few million or so sueing them.

2) Don't care that they think the document they had us sign saying we wouldn't hold them liable will actually stop us from sueing them.

I fully plan I going nuclear the moment I get screwed with, if I am....

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    If this is true, and not trolling...

In the MSP double secret manual of G&S definitions that the Superintendant cannot define...

Is there a chapter on disqualifying medical conditions?

Is inability to get an erection more likely a qualifying, or disqualifying factor?

Right, but doesn't that only apply to the following questions on page 7?

(17)
    (18)
    (19)
    (21)

Attachments

• MDSP HANDGUN PERMIT APPLICATION page 7.pdf
      34.5 KB · Views: 291

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

If you worked for a place that did that kind of back ground check, polygraph examinations, and had medical and psychiatric consultation and or treatment records on you, I would think that would only release this info if the MSP were doing a criminal investigation on you and that's if the MSP provided a warrant to cover them from litigation.

Unless I'm 100% wrong, I would guess that kind of place that had all of this would not give up the info just because John or Jim that works for us said it was OK to give it up. The back ground check and polygraph examinations they wouldn't even show the employee if asked.

Am I wrong?

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    But some of these things is out of the applicants control. As well as the company may want a warrant to cover them from litigation.

I think this is it. There's probably more than one person on here with a security clearance, and I have to imagine the FBI would respond to the MSP with a big '**** you' when the latter asks for all of that information. It belongs to the FBI, and isn't the cleared person's to hand out.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If you worked for a place that did that kind of back ground check, polygraph examinations, and had medical and psychiatric consultation and or treatment records on you, I would think that would only release this info if the MSP were doing a criminal investigation on you and that's if the MSP provided a warrant to cover them from litigation.

Unless I'm 100% wrong, I would guess that kind of place that had all of this would not give up the info just because John or Jim that works for us said it was OK to give it up. The back ground check and polygraph examinations they wouldn't even show the employee if asked.

Am I wrong?

In the past when the GSA/DOD/.gov has been asked for security clearance background investigation files, the Fed has told anyone and everyone that has asked to go pound sand. I am sure that a business can do the same if they so desire and it is articulated in the company's employment verification policy.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I don't think it dawns on the current State Officials that:

1) Some of us can afford to single handedly spend a few million or so sueing them.

2) Don't care that they think the document they had us sign saying we wouldn't hold them liable will actually stop us from sueing them.

I fully plan I going nuclear the moment I get screwed with, if I am....

You're not going to out spend the government. Each year their budgets just get bigger and bigger (partly due to the prev. years litigation cost..) :D

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    When they come up with the list of questions they want to ask, are they not required to ask everyone the same questions?

I can see it now. Please provide the following;

-efficiency or approval ratings for the past 2 years

- the last 10 music albums you bought

- A list of the last 7 items you returns to the story to include a short essay on the reasons why you returned them.

- An explanation of why you wanted to work for the company your currently employed.

- A list of the last 5 project you installed as an electrician as well as an explanation of why it took you so long to complete the projects.

- A list of places you wife goes when your not with her.

- A detailed list of the times you received detention in grade school. Please include all teachers names , home addresses, and personnel phone numbers.

- A list of movies that make you sad enough to cry.

- who did you vote for the last election?

- Who are you going to vote for next election?

- Dog or cats name

- Reasons your a dog person or cat person. (If you own both a dog and a cat please explained who you can't decide.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom