• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Tomorrow the United States will forever change.

After all, is it even possible to unincorperate a right?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'm kinda with NOBODY...I don't think much will come out of this that will have impact on us here. MD will continue with its ways up to the day the Court requires a strict interpretation of ownership and bearing of firearms. Right now places like Chicago and DC claim that a "bearing right" exists per Heller, but that their laws are not infringing because they allow you to "bear" in the home.

That's called intermediate scrutiny, rational basis...basically all of the non-strict forms of interpretation. All of these lessor forms basically say the same thing: "you rights are limited to what a bunch of politicians think they should be."

Sorry to be a downer. I think we'll get there. I just think the USSC is going to go real slow in doing it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Fingers tightly crossed. I know it's not going to be a slam dunk, but a win is a win.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    AFter reading that thread over on CalGuns, I'm remaining optimistic for full PorI incorporation. Tear the roof off & let it burn baby! 150yrs of civil rights trampling could be put to rest this morning.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    I hope the folks at the Court are just as smart.

The problem we have here in Maryland is people like AG Gansler, who recognize homosexual "marriages" in violation of the state constitution but declare the Arizona immigration law unconstitutional without reading it.

Fortunately, even Gansler is no where near as bad as Curren was.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Just a reminder that McDonald is NOT a Chicago Handgun case. It is a Second Amendment Incorporation case.

Immediately after the decision is announce, MD will for the first time have a RKBA clause they have to abide with.

MD is one of only 6 states without a 2A corolary in their respective state constitution. CA, IA, MN, NJ & NY are the others.

http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm

Welcome to the club MD...:innocent0

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Are decisions normally broadcast live or just on the news? If so what channel can I wstch this on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom