• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Finished the bullet holder for my 45/70 top, my 30/30 middle and for my 22 bottom. Next will be working on some for my shot guns.

Attachments

• Stock Holders.jpg
      Stock Holders.jpg
      151.5 KB · Views: 267

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Nice! I was gifted a sh!t ton of tanned hides and other assorted leather items like belt kits. This will be on my craft list.

Question: I assume you have a flap behind the eyelets to keep them from marring the wood?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    NICE clean wor,k very impressive,
    Leather work is on my list of retirement hobbies (I have a long list but so many involve the outdoors that I need some for rainy days when reloading is caught up)
    if I can advance to your level at some point in time, I'll be a happy camper.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Nice! I was gifted a sh!t ton of tanned hides and other assorted leather items like belt kits. This will be on my craft list.

Question: I assume you have a flap behind the eyelets to keep them from marring the wood?

I actually have little trick by embedding the eyelets so they do not scratch.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

I just restarted my leather work, I retired on 2020 after a 40 year hiatus on working with leather. A good friend and neighbor passed last year and was a great leather smith. I was gifted all his tools, hides by his wife. I took it as a sign and just purchased a Cowboy Outlaw sewing machine form Tandy. Still getting use to it as I mainly did all my stitching by hand. So far it has cut my time down in stitching by 80%.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I just restarted my leather work, I retired on 2020 after a 40 year hiatus on working with leather. A good friend and neighbor passed last year and was a great leather smith. I was gifted all his tools, hides by his wife. I took it as a sign and just purchased a Cowboy Outlaw sewing machine form Tandy. Still getting use to it as I mainly did all my stitching by hand. So far it has cut my time down in stitching by 80%.

Wow, good stuff! Tools make a difference.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

Odd that. A good friend's BIL passed and he was not interested in the stuff so he asked if I wanted it. Tons of tools, rivets, buckles, belts, kits etc etc. I'd love to look over your shoulder if you would be willing to get me at least understanding what all these tools are for. Totally understand if not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom