• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TravisVerve

May 3, 2021
    Everyone makes excellent cases for a .22 I think the 15-22 is cool. If you are interested in a 9mm PCC, I LOVE my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2. the folding feature is awesome, Glock mag compatibility too.
    People hate on Kel-Tec like they do on HiPoint but the Sub2k is fun, accurate, not a single malfunctions for me so far and better looking!! lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Nice! I’m leaning toward the 15-22 performance center edition. If you send me a link to a good deal on that, I’ll probably “pull the trigger” (lol) and get it.

My 15-22 was a performance center model. I never got used to the two-stage trigger.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Ok, hear me out
    10/22 (TD) optional. Both customizable as hell.
    Ruger American bolt- good for teaching young ones since it is bolt. Also customizable
    Ruger Precision Rifle- later for when you want longer range precision.

All take the same mags. So as you increase your collection, you don't need to worry about having different mags. 10/22 mags are readily available.
    All are easily suppressible. Just get threaded barrels.

That said, I have an first gen MP15. The kids loved it, but now it sits in the safe since they are all growed up and found the wonders of 308 and 556. I haven't shot it in a few years. My Rugers come out quit a bit.
    I also have a CZ 452 22 that is an absolute tack driver.

My favorite 22 is my 10/22 (with a bunch of upgrades) and an integrally suppressed TD barrel. Turns as many heads as a 44 mag going off. People think I am shooting a bb gun. Click- thud.

ETA, I have now 10/22 that is over 50 years old and still shoot great.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok, hear me out
    10/22 (TD) optional. Both customizable as hell.
    Ruger American bolt- good for teaching young ones since it is bolt. Also customizable
    Ruger Precision Rifle- later for when you want longer range precision.

All take the same mags. So as you increase your collection, you don't need to worry about having different mags. 10/22 mags are readily available.
    All are easily suppressible. Just get threaded barrels.

That said, I have an first gen MP15. The kids loved it, but now it sits in the safe since they are all growed up and found the wonders of 308 and 556. I haven't shot it in a few years. My Rugers come out quit a bit.
    I also have a CZ 452 22 that is an absolute tack driver.

My favorite 22 is my 10/22 (with a bunch of upgrades) and an integrally suppressed TD barrel. Turns as many heads as a 44 mag going off. People think I am shooting a bb gun. Click- thud.

Ok - and I will add to what you said. There's the Ruger 22 Charger that makes for a dandy SBR (same 10/22 action). Buy it as a pistol and later apply for the ATF stamp. My Charger has a mod for M4 style stocks, but the new Charger has a Picatinny-style rail brace mount which would allow you to install a stock (after it's ATF registered).

https://ruger.com/products/22Charger/specSheets/4938.html

Attachments

• sbr-22lr-ruger-charger.jpg
      sbr-22lr-ruger-charger.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 78

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Yes. Depends on intended use. For slow deliberate shooting, I like a 2 stage trigger. For timed competition, I like a single stage.

That was my experience. I tried using it for an Appleseed shoot and just wasn't familiar enough with it. Although all of those stages are slow(er), it was enough to throw me off. I qualified the next attempt with my 10/22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom